Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Woman Faces Foreclosure on House She Bought for $1 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20128)

Woman Faces Foreclosure on House She Bought for $1

We all know the housing crisis narrative: Back in the go-go days of the boom, someone bought a house they couldn't really afford, financed it with a "creative" mortgage and proceeded to use the place like a piggy bank, on the theory that home values would remain forever up in the stratosphere. Then the housing market crashed, the bills came due and now many of those homeowners are staring down foreclosure.

It's a story we've heard so many times we can practically recite it by heart.

Well, Linda Hatchell didn't do any of those things. In fact, Hatchell paid just $1 for her home in Glen Ellyn, Ill. Yet today she's on the brink of losing it, reports NBC Chicago.

More...

fatbuckRTO 09-12-2011 11:17 AM

Pure, utter, unadulterated, crap.

She's not being foreclosed on the price of her home. She's being foreclosed on the mortgage she took out on it for renovations. I don't want to watch the video and the written summary didn't say the amount of the mortgage, but complete renovations to a near-condemned house with period-piece fixtures and furniture, etc, can't be cheap.

They say Linda Hatchell "didn't do any of those things." Patently untrue. She took out a mortgage she ultimately couldn't afford. Sucks to be her, but she did it to herself.

shmike 09-12-2011 11:18 AM

Why do you post stupid shit like this?

lol...maybe it's the devil's advocate in me.

Sometimes spin makes my head fucking spin.

My TV is off most of the time anymore. I'm probably gonna end up dropping cable...

I will say one thing though, there were a lot of people in the comments willing to help the woman. I wish there were a way to spotlight those that might benefit from help without making up a fucking Disney story, but geez. I dunno. The press makes me ill.

Homeslice 09-12-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 489467)
Pure, utter, unadulterated, crap.

She's not being foreclosed on the price of her home. She's being foreclosed on the mortgage she took out on it for renovations. I don't want to watch the video and the written summary didn't say the amount of the mortgage, but complete renovations to a near-condemned house with period-piece fixtures and furniture, etc, can't be cheap.

They say Linda Hatchell "didn't do any of those things." Patently untrue. She took out a mortgage she ultimately couldn't afford. Sucks to be her, but she did it to herself.

:zowned:

shmike 09-12-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 489469)
My TV is off most of the time anymore. I'm probably gonna end up dropping cable...

I'm in the same boat.

I think about it each time the bills comes in.

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that I know that as soon as I do, I'll get that perfect day when I really want to do is veg in front of the tube. :lol:

I still love watching all the instructionals, how-it's-dones, and racing...so I can't cut the cord...but what passes for youth culture and news these days makes me wanna fucking punch babies and stomp kittens.

pauldun170 09-12-2011 12:32 PM

Anyone want to buy a 10 year old Lamborghini cheap?
It doesn't run (bent valves) and it needs some odd and ends but I'll sell it to you for $1.

askmrjesus 09-12-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 489482)
Anyone want to buy a 10 year old Lamborghini cheap?
It doesn't run (bent valves) and it needs some odd and ends but I'll sell it to you for $1.

Does it have a tape deck?

JC