Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   H2R is bumpy! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14457)

pdog 04-26-2010 04:17 PM

H2R is bumpy!

Took the SV out for its first track day and WOW I just about freaked in the first session because I thought my suspension was crap. The bike was bucking and throwing me about so much and I don't remember anything nearly that bad on my DRZ last Fall.

Apparently the winter has been tough on the track conditions. I dialed my rear suspension preload much softer and learned to ride through the bumps. Overall still a great day at the track but I'm sad that it will be my last in Texas. :-(

skiergirl 04-27-2010 02:49 PM

it's definitely gotten a little rougher since last year ....CCW hits the worst of it, but it's really not that bad....

Damn Turn and the Back straight certainly move you though...I have a video up on facebook and you can just see the camera bouncing in a couple spots.

pdog 04-27-2010 03:23 PM

I've ridden at TWS, Cresson and MSR-Houston. Never seen a track surface deteriorate that much in 6 months. Crazy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 366690)
Damn Turn and the Back straight certainly move you though...I have a video up on facebook and you can just see the camera bouncing in a couple spots.

azoomm 04-27-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 366713)
I've ridden at TWS, Cresson and MSR-Houston. Never seen a track surface deteriorate that much in 6 months. Crazy!

Interesting. Do you know how often these tracks are repaved? :)

We're repaving, we just haven't dont it.... yet.

pdog 04-27-2010 04:58 PM

No idea, please educate me! And glad to hear it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 366718)
Interesting. Do you know how often these tracks are repaved? :)

We're repaving, we just haven't dont it.... yet.

tommymac 04-27-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 366713)

You guys should come east and ride summit point if you want to see a rapidly deteriorating track, sucks too since its one of my favorites.

TYEster 04-27-2010 05:08 PM

Psh, when you have long travel suspension, bumps become whoops! Or jumps! ;)

azoomm 04-27-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 366757)
No idea, please educate me! And glad to hear it.

It is an underlayment issue. If the underlayment is solid, the pavement doesn't go anywhere. That is why Santa Rita is so solid, it's a solid road base.

Houston fell apart within the first year, last year it got really bumpy. The previous property owner was a rice farm. Swamp. Not usually good as road base. ECR has had their own issues. Cresson has been great, but then look at the rock quarry next door to it.

smileyman 04-27-2010 05:57 PM

Any of you guys ever heard of Oak Hill in Henderson, TX? You'll never think any other track is bumpy if you have...

azoomm 04-27-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 366787)
Any of you guys ever heard of Oak Hill in Henderson, TX? You'll never think any other track is bumpy if you have...

Oak Hill was just closed this year. :( Strip mining...