Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Almost had a Harley as a hood ornament (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16608)

'73 H1 Triple 10-02-2010 01:28 PM

Almost had a Harley as a hood ornament

I would like for Mr "cool harley rider" to do two things.

1) Learn to ride your f*cking motorcycle. The estimated 45 mph you went around the corner into MY lane wasn't too fast if you knew how to ride.

2) Buy some gear so when you do make another mistake, you may stand a chance of actually surviving. Your leather dew rag and fingerless gloves won't do shit if you hit the center of the grill of my 6000 lb Suburban.

On my way home from work about noon time, I'm coming up to a decreasing radius corner ( from the other direction ), I see a harley rider way too upright and going too fast. I lock up the brakes as he rides well over halfway into my lane. He drifted WAY over the line. It's like he had "target fixation" on my suburban grill. Somehow he managed to get back into his lane with about 30' to spare.

There are all kinds of road signs before this corner with 20 mph under the signs. :wtfru:

My suburban was almost a big container of chlorine for the gene pool.

Mikey 10-02-2010 01:35 PM

You mean a Harley rider who doesn't know how to turn and wasn't wearing any gear? I'm shocked. I'd be even more shocked to find out he was sober.

Particle Man 10-02-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 413761)
You mean a Harley rider who doesn't know how to turn and wasn't wearing any gear? I'm shocked. I'd be even more shocked to find out he was sober.

:withstupid:

(since I can't use +.1 :lol)

'73 H1 Triple 10-02-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 413761)

That might explain the lack of terror in his eyes. He just cleared my side mirror. I got a real good look at him and it's like it didn't even phase him. :idk:

Particle Man 10-02-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 413773)
That might explain the lack of terror in his eyes. He just cleared my side mirror. I got a real good look at him and it's like it didn't even phase him. :idk:

Either that or it just happens a lot

Cruzergirl 10-02-2010 01:55 PM

:lol: Well, at least you were watching even if he wasn't.

Yesterday, as I turned into my storage unit (huge entrance, plenty of space for three or four vehicles) a Ford somethingorother (HUGE truck) was coming out. He was also texting. He left me with about 2 feet on my right. Funny, I thought my worries were out on the street. He didn't hear me screaming at him either.

Back to the topic at hand... I love my SO but he is the opposite of safe on his bike and has a tendency to daydream. It is freaky scary to ride beyotch with him.

Tmall 10-02-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 413768)
:withstupid:

(since I can't use +.1 :lol)

X2

Gas Man 10-02-2010 09:21 PM

WOW... and not all that uncommon I'm sure. I always laugh that Uma with as little as she does ride, rides better than some guys I ride with.

I don't know why or how or if it's because I came from a sportbike. I just don't believe I fit into the standard mold of the cruiser rider. Even though you would think I would get myself into more trouble trying to make my cruiser do things it's not designed to do. But I THINK I do an ok job with it.

Trip 10-02-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 413820)
it's because I came from a sportbike.

It's not just that, you came from a corner riding sportbike past. There are a lot of douches on sportbikes that can't ride worth of shit unless it's a straight line.

You actually took the time to learn to ride properly, that's not what a majority of harley riders want to do, it's the image harley sells that they want and it doesn't involve actually riding the bike.

Particle Man 10-03-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 413851)
There are a lot of douches on sportbikes that can't ride worth of shit unless it's a straight line.

QFT. Each year several around here wind up in the bushes. The lucky ones walk away wondering what happened. The REALLY lucky ones walk away KNOWING what happened. The not-so-lucky ones end up in the paper.