Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You see a beautiful car parked away from all the other vehicles.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18063)

Tmall 01-25-2011 11:40 AM

You see a beautiful car parked away from all the other vehicles..

Say it's a nice Vette or Porsche and the owner intentionally parked it away from all of the other cars because they think the car is made of diamonds. Do you intentionally park right next to it?

the chi 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

No, i dont like walking, AND i had a beautiful stang that I always parked way far out and the effer had more dings and dents and impacts than any other vehicle I ever owned. Goddamn assholes. I respect others property, so I'd leave it be.

azoomm 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

No, I park in the handicapped space....

:nee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 444988)
Say it's a nice Vette or Porsche and the owner intentionally parked it away from all of the other cars because they think the car is made of diamonds. Do you intentionally park right next to it?

He's made a value judgment that the extra few steps are worth a little extra safety to better protect something he values. You wanna fuck with that? Why? Jealousy? I don't understand.

tommymac 01-25-2011 11:47 AM

If they block 2 spots but its far away, I can respect that. Do it up close in a crowded lot things wont end as well for them.

my car gets dinged, hit/backed into all the time at work, bu its in a shit neighborhood and a lot of people have no respect for other peoples stuff, thats why I iwl never own a nice car while I work there ;)

LeeNetworX 01-25-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 444996)
If they block 2 spots but its far away, I can respect that. Do it up close in a crowded lot things wont end as well for them.

Agreed. If they take two spots up at the end of the lot, I could care less. Take two spots up close to the storefront(s) and they are just asking for it.

G-Rex 01-25-2011 12:04 PM

I park at the back of the parking lot alot of times.

I don't want my car dinged/paint chipped/etc. People can't even park straight. Do I want kids who don't understand the concept of *don't hit the car next to you* opening their door into my car? No. I paid good money for a nice car, I'd like to keep it that way.

I don't take up 2 spots when I park. I park properly, I just do it out away from everyone else.

It annoys me when out of ALL those spots, someone will park in the spot directly next to me. Leave a damn space. Otherwise, you're missing the whole point.

goof2 01-25-2011 12:05 PM

The "public" in general are assholes. Depending on their thoughtfulness to keep your car free of dents and dings is a loosing proposition. I don't fault someone for recognizing this and taking the steps necessary to keep something they like in good shape.:shrug:

pauldun170 01-25-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 444990)
No, i dont like walking

With that kind of attitude, you are going to get fat.

the chi 01-25-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 445002)
With that kind of attitude, you are going to get fat.

:rofl: I'm plenty active, no worries, I wont be getting fat anytime soon.

Let me clarify, I dont like walking in parking lots. The longer it takes me to get in and get out, the longer I have to be around crowds of people I dont know and dont want to be around. Therefore, the faster in, the faster out.