Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are cops harder to bikers? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11659)

racedoll 11-17-2009 08:12 PM

Are cops harder to bikers?

Are cops harder to bikers than cars when caught speeding ? What's the experience out there ?

Rangerscott 11-17-2009 08:15 PM

Been pulled over once by a cop while on my ninja 250 years ago. I was speeding and I ddint have my M.

He was cool. He "invited" me into the passenger seat and told me that he wasnt going to give me a ticket for speeding but was for not having my M. He said he was one of the cops that gets called out to bike wreck scenes. Told me to go get my M and to be safe. Hell he even let me ride off. I'm sure in other states they would have towed my bike and arrested me.

karl_1052 11-17-2009 08:33 PM

Who stops?
redflip

well, I do. But since I don't ride like an idiot, I haven't been pulled over in 7 years(and that time was because we were riding near a stunting spot.)

racedoll 11-17-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 293395)
Who stops?
redflip

well, I do. But since I don't ride like an idiot, I haven't been pulled over in 7 years(and that time was because we were riding near a stunting spot.)

Knocking on wood for you...

101lifts2 11-17-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 293395)
Who stops?
redflip

Yeah usually a cruiser = no stop in the canyons, unless he already has your plate. This is prolly the reason they hate us so much. Oh well.

karl_1052 11-17-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 293400)
Knocking on wood for you...

thanks!:rockwoot:

Gas Man 11-17-2009 09:03 PM

no way. Especially not on a cruiser.

neebelung 11-17-2009 09:12 PM

Totally depends on the cop, IMO. Here we have cops who LOOK for a sportbike to do any little thing wrong, and we also have cops that will point blank tell us when and where they'll turn a blind eye to speeding, and that so long as you've got your gear on and don't ride like an asshole, they'll leave you alone.

I don't necessarily think overall they're any harder on bikes than they are on cars, but I DO think generally speaking we probably exceed the speed limit a bit more on our bikes than in our cars. :shrug:

racedoll 11-17-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 293431)
Totally depends on the cop, IMO. Here we have cops who LOOK for a sportbike to do any little thing wrong, and we also have cops that will point blank tell us when and where they'll turn a blind eye to speeding, and that so long as you've got your gear on and don't ride like an asshole, they'll leave you alone.

I don't necessarily think overall they're any harder on bikes than they are on cars, but I DO think generally speaking we probably exceed the speed limit a bit more on our bikes than in our cars. :shrug:

I'm sure glad I am able to decipher nee-lingo :wink:

neebelung 11-17-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 293437)
I'm sure glad I am able to decipher nee-lingo :wink:

:rofl: