Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   frack! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20795)

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 503257)
They're busy watching trailers burn.

Or unlocking doors cuz people locked their keys inside...

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:04 PM

somebody left me a can of fix a flat, i don't plan to use it though. i did go out at lunch and found a stick dead center in the tread of the tire. which i think is the culprit.

think i'll come back up tonight and patch it till i can get it better inspected of fri.

irony is that last fri at autozone i noticed an HD and i commented on his rear tire being bald. he was a new rider and said the rear only had 1000mi on it...

then sat. i saw an elder couple at the gas station having troubles w/ changing a tire so i threw down and changed it for them

now it's my turn and somebody left me a can of fix a flat :)

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:17 PM

fix a flat sucks, it only takes care of slow leaks, not major punctures

get yourself a repair kit with plugs and a CO2 inflator

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:20 PM

btw, charlie locked all of us out of the house fri, when we were out back building the new trampolene. but we were prepared after aprils locking us out.......lol

it would take a huge CO2 cartridge to blow up a motorcycle tire.

Sixxxxer 01-03-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 503270)
fix a flat sucks, it only takes care of slow leaks, not major punctures

get yourself a repair kit with plugs and a CO2 inflator

When I worked for goodyear, that shit was HORRIBLE. It may come out foamy but it turns to liquid and smells horrid. We would ask people before we took the tire off and 90% of them said there wasn't any fix a flat in the tire then BOOM it's all over my work shirt.

I LOATHE that shit.

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:22 PM

yup, hated it when i worked at NTW (now NTB)

Sean 01-03-2012 01:24 PM

Skip the fix-a-flat it fugs everything up. Makes it a royal pain to change the tire.

tommymac 01-03-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503272)
btw, charlie locked all of us out of the house fri, when we were out back building the new trampolene. but we were prepared after aprils locking us out.......lol

it would take a huge CO2 cartridge to blow up a motorcycle tire.

most kits come with 3 or 4 co2 cartriges and that will give you enough air to get the bike soemwhere.

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:50 PM

I saw some clown using fix-a-flat when his tire was COMPLETELY flat with the bead separated from the rim (probably because he had kept driving after it went flat). So as he was trying to use that shit, it just escaped and stunk up the area for hours. Wouldn't doubt that shit is toxic.

RACER X 01-03-2012 03:12 PM

got it sorted out.

buddy is sales mgr at honda/zuki/HD shop

got my 190/55/17 mich PR3 on order for tom.

will pick me and the bike up tom. for a very fair price for labor and transport.