Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ever notice while night riding? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12727)

tached1000rr 01-14-2010 08:47 PM

Ever notice while night riding?

I was out doing some night riding and was being fairly aggressive in acceleration and braking, while doing so I was watching how the projection of my headlight would change dramatically from the movement of the suspension. I then started varying throttle inputs to see how it change projection of the headlights, under hard braking it changes dramatically of course. Just another reason for me to get my HIDs.

Adeptus_Minor 01-14-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 319829)
I was out doing some night riding and was being fairly aggressive in acceleration and braking, while doing so I was watching how the projection of my headlight would change dramatically from the movement of the suspension. I then started varying throttle inputs to see how it change projection of the headlights, under hard braking it changes dramatically of course. Just another reason for me to get my HIDs.

When riding behind a slow driver, I used to whack the throttle to bounce the headlight beam a little higher (into his rearview mirror) a few times.
Rude and irresponsible, yes... but satisfying when they get out of the way :lol:

tached1000rr 01-14-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 319855)
When riding behind a slow driver, I used to whack the throttle to bounce the headlight beam a little higher (into his rearview mirror) a few times.
Rude and irresponsible, yes... but satisfying when they get out of the way :lol:

:lol

Homeslice 01-14-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 319829)

I'm confused........If all you're talking about is how the suspension makes your light pattern go up and down, HID's aren't going to change that.

tached1000rr 01-14-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 319861)
I'm confused........If all you're talking about is how the suspension makes your light pattern go up and down, HID's aren't going to change that.

You are correct, I was just meaning the HIDS will be brighter

Trip 01-14-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 319855)

I took a lot of shit on the old TWF cause I use to night ride with flashlights on my helmet and would look directly into the rear view mirror of people in front of me. They are really bright LED flashlights.

Homeslice 01-14-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 319864)
I took a lot of shit on the old TWF cause I use to night ride with flashlights on my helmet and would look directly into the rear view mirror of people in front of me. They are really bright LED flashlights.

For what, because you wanted them to pull over?

Trip 01-14-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 319881)
For what, because you wanted them to pull over?

lol, yeah. It was at the gap. I didn't use the flashlights anywhere else.

Adeptus_Minor 01-14-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 319864)

:dthumb:

Love it :lol:

Homeslice 01-14-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 319887)
lol, yeah. It was at the gap. I didn't use the flashlights anywhere else.

I guess I would just pass, illegally or not. I'd be too afraid the lights would cause a retaliatory response.