Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kanye west is a fool (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10445)

azoomm 09-14-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 265370)

Should be "shut up forever" and I'll spend my dollar....

Flexin 09-14-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265361)
Meh, it kinda does matter. Yeah, she's "in the business," but it takes a particular kind of asshole to be that big of a dick to a 17 year old. He'd be a dick if she was 35, 50, or 75, but he's an even BIGGER dick since she's only 17.

She had her break up in the news for months at least. What he did was nothing compared to that.

If it was my 17 year old (or 19) daughter I would be pissed, but I would also be pissed if it was my 30 something year old wife.

He has a right to his opinion but he should have expressed that opinion later that night. He could have done it on his website, Facebook or Twitter.

James

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 265363)
He's also a bully! I wonder if he would have tried that shit if 50 cent or someone like that was up there?:lol:

Besides, Beyonce won 2 awards, did he think she deserved them all? Yeesh!

MJ used to take them all so why not? :P

James

azoomm 09-14-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265372)
MJ used to take them all so why not? :P

James

Yeah... but when he won them he was black...

or was he??

:whistle: :lol:

neebelung 09-14-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265372)
She had her break up in the news for months at least. What he did was nothing compared to that.

If it was my 17 year old (or 19) daughter I would be pissed, but I would also be pissed if it was my 30 something year old wife.

He has a right to his opinion but he should have expressed that opinion later that night. He could have done it on his website, Facebook or Twitter.

James

Eh, I dunno... I think this was a bit worse than her Ex tweeting about her. I'm sure that sucked TOO (since again, she's 17-ish), but to have her big moment shattered? Hard to deal with at 30, exponentialy harder, IMO, at 17.

I agree, he's got a right to have an opinion, and hell, he's got his own blog, so why not use that vehicle (where he's already got fans following) to vent about it. No one would've faulted him at ALL if he'd just gone that route.

Flexin 09-14-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 265374)
Yeah... but when he won them he was black...

or was he??

:whistle: :lol:

LOL. Yes I believe he was still black then.

James

neebelung 09-14-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265377)
LOL. Yes I believe he was still black then.

James

And MALE. Don't forget MALE. :lol:

Flexin 09-14-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265376)
Eh, I dunno... I think this was a bit worse than her Ex tweeting about her. I'm sure that sucked TOO (since again, she's 17-ish), but to have her big moment shattered? Hard to deal with at 30, exponentialy harder, IMO, at 17.

I agree, he's got a right to have an opinion, and hell, he's got his own blog, so why not use that vehicle (where he's already got fans following) to vent about it. No one would've faulted him at ALL if he'd just gone that route.

He should have used the other avenues but he didn't. Why? It could be the shock value. It could be that he has to get it out right now.

I have had times when I would have something on my mind and I wanted to post about it. If I was home at the time or at a computer I would go at it. Most of the time by the time I get home I say fuck it and don't bother. Maybe he needs to deal with it right then and there.

But this is 2009, he could have been bitching about that on Facebook and Twitter right as it was happening. There could have been 10% of the people there would have received his update on their phone right then and there.

James

neebelung 09-14-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265384)
He should have used the other avenues but he didn't. Why? It could be the shock value. It could be that he has to get it out right now.

I have had times when I would have something on my mind and I wanted to post about it. If I was home at the time or at a computer I would go at it. Most of the time by the time I get home I say fuck it and don't bother. Maybe he needs to deal with it right then and there.

But this is 2009, he could have been bitching about that on Facebook and Twitter right as it was happening. There could have been 10% of the people there would have received his update on their phone right then and there.James

Exactly! :lol: Hell, I caught a few minutes of some post-show show, and they were actually CHARTING the moments when twitter was abuzz about the whole ordeal. He might've reached a BIGGER audience, and not alienated them, had he taken that route.

defector 09-14-2009 02:41 PM

They should have an award show for the Real World or whatever the hell is on there 24hrs a day. Not for videos, that they never play...

If I want to watch a music video I watch Fuse, or even VH1.

azoomm 09-14-2009 02:48 PM

You know what I think this is? I think it's the edge of a certain generation that was raised with some stupid sense of entitlement. That Kanye believes the world is entitled to his opinion. And, that he's entitled to the mic. And now, that the world is entitled to forgive him and pay him because he texted some retarded apology. He said "I'm sorry" so it should all be better... right?

I don't think it was staged. I think they had him back there and just banked on him doing something like this. It's why he won't ever be banned from events, they sell advertising with the assumption something offending will happen and people will be clicking and talking about it for days....

fasternyou929 09-14-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265356)
Its not always the unpopular fighter.

Who cares that she is 17. Would it be ok if she was 50?

And he didn't knock her to the ground and grab the mike. What he did was wrong but his opinion is his, right or wrong.
James

I dunno, since when is it remotely acceptable to storm the stage and take the mic from someone (anybody, any age, but especially a young girl) during their acceptance speech?

I doubt Kanye would find it acceptable if someone did that to him. For every award he's ever won, there were plenty of people that didn't think he deserved it. Yet none of them took to the stage to announce their opinion.

Probably because they had the common sense and courtesy to know it wasn't their place.

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:10 PM

Speaking of videos and Micheal Jackson, I miss music videos. I used to watch them a lot as a child. I missed how they would count down to a big MJ video.

I miss the background dancers. I like seeing dancing in videos.

Here some videos with dancing that bring me back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76IlF5HES0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdPMoX2iws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBPpa8RROIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeKlx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWh8XKvsYqc

James

Riceaholic 09-14-2009 03:13 PM

Everything seems to have been covered so I'll add this..

I'd like to jam an umbrella up Kanye's ass and open it.

And Flex, that Genuwine video is better than anything Kanye has ever THOUGHT about doing.

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 265392)
You know what I think this is? I think it's the edge of a certain generation that was raised with some stupid sense of entitlement. That Kanye believes the world is entitled to his opinion. And, that he's entitled to the mic. And now, that the world is entitled to forgive him and pay him because he texted some retarded apology. He said "I'm sorry" so it should all be better... right?

I don't think it was staged. I think they had him back there and just banked on him doing something like this. It's why he won't ever be banned from events, they sell advertising with the assumption something offending will happen and people will be clicking and talking about it for days....

I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement.

If you want the veiwers you don't want everyone to forgive you.

Unless he puts someone in the hospital he will never be banned.

James

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:28 PM

Just do a search and you will find that most creative people that have made it big are at least a little bit out there. It could be music or movies, there are a lot of people that seem to have a screw lose.

Here are a few sayings...

"any press is good press"

"as long as they spell the name right"

"all publicity is good publicity"

"no such thing as bad publicity"

James

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:33 PM

Arent most rap videos now them rapping in front of an expensive, car, on a boat or a party at their mansion? Or if its a chick shes rolling sround in some sort of party dress.

Tom

fasternyou929 09-14-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265415)
"any press is good press"

"as long as they spell the name right"

"all publicity is good publicity"

"no such thing as bad publicity"

James

And all have their limitations. Namely, when you start destroying once-in-a-lifetime moments of others. Right? Or are we just supposed to care about ourselves now at any and all cost to others?

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265418)
Arent most rap videos now them rapping in front of an expensive, car, on a boat or a party at their mansion? Or if its a chick shes rolling sround in some sort of party dress.

Tom

Come on now. What about...

David Lee Roth with half naked women. I always loved this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2CyQ7Eslg4

Kid Rock with in a boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjvpGt4r44

ZZ Top with Legs, bikes, cars and did I say legs? Another video I loved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLiC5hf-DJc

Whats wrong with some toys or eye candy in a video? :p

James

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 265422)
And all have their limitations. Namely, when you start destroying once-in-a-lifetime moments of others. Right? Or are we just supposed to care about ourselves now at any and all cost to others?

I already said he picked the wrong time and place to voice his opinion.

James

neebelung 09-14-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265428)
Come on now. What about...

David Lee Roth with half naked women. I always loved this video.

ZZ Top with Legs, bikes, cars and did I say legs? Another video I loved.

Whats wrong with some toys or eye candy in a video? :p

And aside from that, videos then were FUN. Those videos were always toungue-in-cheek, and fun to watch back in those days. :lol:

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:50 PM

At my gym they have a video station and I watch some of these rap vids and just think to myself what made them think this would be a good idea its like every other video out there

neebelung 09-14-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265431)
At my gym they have a video station and I watch some of these rap vids and just think to myself what made them think this would be a good idea its like every other video out there

Ah, in that sense, videos have always had a "formula," it just changes over the years. Back in the 80's, it was big hair, tight pants, and chicks in leather bras (with big hair, and tight pants). :lol:

Now it's big houses, expensive cars, big yachts, and big asses in bikinis.

Seems the common thread is bigger is better! :lol:

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265430)
And aside from that, videos then were FUN. Those videos were always toungue-in-cheek, and fun to watch back in those days. :lol:

Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous :lol:

Tom

Papa_Complex 09-14-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265435)
Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous :lol:

Tom

It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a raccoon coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 265436)
It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a raccoon coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.

True at least they got away from the motorcycles in the videos, now its just cars most of them cant even afford :lol:

One was kinda funny the 2 guys were dressed up as used car salesman from the 70's, though tthat was kinda funny and they didnt seem to take themselves too seriously.

Tom

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 265436)

Is it easier if they have tight ass jeans or spandex? Men in make up?

Twisted Sister. I liked this song back in the day. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

Kiss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk

James

neebelung 09-14-2009 04:00 PM

:dvrofl:

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs. :lol:

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.

tommymac 09-14-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265440)
:dvrofl:

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs. :lol:

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.

And kiss is on like the 10th leg of their farewell tour :lol: plus kiss and to a lesser degree twisted sister were the first to do what they did. Think back to waht kiss was back in the late 70's. P-diddy or any of these clowns could only hope to achieve the level they did. I doubt we will ever see another band do something like that again.

Homeslice 09-14-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265435)

Tom

Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?

I would not even call most of today's hip-hop hip-hop........it's more "thug nightclub music". It's sad when one of the only people who can flow anymore is Eminem.

tommymac 09-14-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 265443)
Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?

Gives em street cred:lol

Tom

goof2 09-14-2009 04:44 PM

In my view it is worse if it was set up. I don't really care about a demonstrated idiot doing what he does best, being an idiot. I am less likely to brush off creating a situation with racial overtones in an attempt to boost "buzz" about a show simply because it stopped being relevant 20+ years ago.

The boat (from what I have read a Grand Craft) in the Kid Rock video is pretty bad ass though.

tommymac 09-14-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 265459)
In my view it is worse if it was set up. I don't really care about a demonstrated idiot doing what he does best, being an idiot. I am less likely to brush off creating a situation with racial overtones in an attempt to boost "buzz" about a show simply because it stopped being relevant 20+ years ago.

The boat (from what I have read a Grand Craft) in the Kid Rock video is pretty bad ass though.

Is there actualy a channel to see the kid rock video :lol:

Tom

Papa_Complex 09-14-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265439)
Is it easier if they have tight ass jeans or spandex? Men in make up?

Twisted Sister. I liked this song back in the day. LOL

Kiss?

James

You don't really think that Dee Snider takes himself seriously, do you? Have you ever heard him interviewed? And Gene Simmons is a consummate businessman. All that he takes seriously is marketing.

Smittie61984 09-14-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265259)
Too bad someone else didnt come up take the mike away from him and pop a cap in his ass :lol:

Probably what he was hoping for (street cred). Then he could finally sell some records like Tupac and Biggie.

This is racist shit 100% (or at least bigoted). If Ciara was up there accepting an award for best female video then Kanye would have kept his sorry ass in his seat even if her video was nothing but a blank screen.

I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan but she has more talent and class in one of her small tits than Kanye has in his entire body and 30 homeboy posse's body combined.

Beyounce was the class act of the night and I do not think it was staged either. I don't see Taylor Swift getting on board nor Beyounce. At most someone may have said to Beyounce (you need to defuse this).

Amber Lamps 09-14-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 265484)
Probably what he was hoping for (street cred). Then he could finally sell some records like Tupac and Biggie.

This is racist shit 100% (or at least bigoted). If Ciara was up there accepting an award for best female video then Kanye would have kept his sorry ass in his seat even if her video was nothing but a blank screen.

I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan but she has more talent and class in one of her small tits than Kanye has in his entire body and 30 homeboy posse's body combined.

Beyounce was the class act of the night and I do not think it was staged either. I don't see Taylor Swift getting on board nor Beyounce. At most someone may have said to Beyounce (you need to defuse this).

I don't know bro... Taylor was SO broken up but managed to perform her insipid song a few minutes later...:lol: You're wrong about Kanye btw imho, I don't like the guy but I believe that he is very talented. I also don't think that it was race related. You white people are getting worse than us brothers at yelling race every time something goes down.:lol:

Jet 09-14-2009 06:44 PM

This is not news, Kayne West has always been a tool.
What did he do to this chick? Video = Removed

Trip 09-14-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 265504)
I don't know bro... Taylor was SO broken up but managed to perform her insipid song a few minutes later...:lol: You're wrong about Kanye btw imho, I don't like the guy but I believe that he is very talented. I also don't think that it was race related. You white people are getting worse than us brothers at yelling race every time something goes down.:lol:

You are only half a brother. We claim the other half of you. :nee:

Homeslice 09-14-2009 07:08 PM

one-drop rule in effect

Smittie61984 09-14-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

You white people are getting worse than us brothers at yelling race every time something goes down.:lol:

We've been called "racist" for any wrong move that we finally are able to have a chip on our shoulders.

I will admit that Kanye has talent. Well talent by today's standards. He'd be a talentless POS back in the day were rappers rapped.

Papa_Complex 09-14-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Call it a defence mechanism.

Flexin 09-14-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

You noticed that too? LOL

James

Flexin 09-14-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 265484)

Kanye might be a prick but he has forgot more about music then Taylor knows.

James

Kaneman 09-14-2009 08:21 PM

They're all just actors in a big reality TV show doing what they're told in the interest of making more money. They way people eat this shit up is a bit unnerving.

Flexin 09-14-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 265476)
You don't really think that Dee Snider takes himself seriously, do you? Have you ever heard him interviewed? And Gene Simmons is a consummate businessman. All that he takes seriously is marketing.

Nope. I liked the song even though it wasn't my type of music. I have never heard him in an interview.

So he is joking.

Gene Simmons is a businessman.

Everyone in Rap/Hip Hop is a fake thug?

Master P got to where he is by selling his tapes from a car trunk. I was watching a show on him and he negotiated a record deal that paid him nothing up front but paid him more if he sold records. Is he not a businessman?

James

Smittie61984 09-14-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265540)

James

He's a rapper. That's Latin for "Person who makes money in the music industry without making music"

I also don't see how someone could compare the talent that Taylor Swift has vs Kanye West. Kanye West takes songs already made, remixes them and talks (he doesn't sing he talks). Taylor swift takes songs that don't exist, creates them, writes them, and performs them with an instrument. I'm not a huge Taylor swift fan and have enjoyed some Kanye West songs but he is no where near as talented musically (might be better producer/promoter) as Taylor Swift is.

I think race is an issue in this, but it's becuase she's a country singer and country singers are usually white along with country singers not being mainstream.

Seriously, what would happen if a white male artist went up and said "Congrats Beyounce, but Taylor Swift made the best video ever"? Think Jessie or Sharpton wouldn't be out in full force?

I would like to see him go up there and try that with some old country legends.

Flexin 09-14-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 265548)
He's a rapper. That's Latin for "Person who makes money in the music industry without making music"

I also don't see how someone could compare the talent that Taylor Swift has vs Kanye West. Kanye West takes songs already made, remixes them and talks (he doesn't sing he talks). Taylor swift takes songs that don't exist, creates them, writes them, and performs them with an instrument. I'm not a huge Taylor swift fan and have enjoyed some Kanye West songs but he is no where near as talented musically (might be better producer/promoter) as Taylor Swift is.

I think race is an issue in this, but it's becuase she's a country singer and country singers are usually white along with country singers not being mainstream.

Seriously, what would happen if a white male artist went up and said "Congrats Beyounce, but Taylor Swift made the best video ever"? Think Jessie or Sharpton wouldn't be out in full force?

I would like to see him go up there and try that with some old country legends.

Fuck Jessie and Sharpton. They will find anything to talk about. I really don't think Kayne did this because of race.

James

Kaneman 09-14-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265549)
Fuck Jessie and Sharpton. They will find anything to talk about. I really don't think Kayne did this because of race.

James

He may not have done it because of his on personal racial issues, but the racial controversy surrounding Kayne West makes him the ideal candidate for this kind of thing. The race factor makes this a bigger news story, generates more web clicks and more viewer traffic.

Race had everything to do with this from a perspective of who was picked to go on stage and grab the mic. It has nothing to do with Kayne West's personal beliefs...only views that he has expressed previously in the media.

Papa_Complex 09-14-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265545)
Nope. I liked the song even though it wasn't my type of music. I have never heard him in an interview.

So he is joking.

Gene Simmons is a businessman.

Everyone in Rap/Hip Hop is a fake thug?

Master P got to where he is by selling his tapes from a car trunk. I was watching a show on him and he negotiated a record deal that paid him nothing up front but paid him more if he sold records. Is he not a businessman?

James

Not all of them are fake, but we're talking difference of scale here. Prancing around in platform shoes isn't in the same ballpark as pretending to be a street thug.

Homeslice 09-14-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 265548)

One could say this about many pop singers too. Their producer creates the music for them.....There is no band...no instruments......it's all synthesized. All they do is sing. Now some of them did write their own lyrics, but most of them didn't.

OneSickPsycho 09-14-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 265561)
One could say this about many pop singers too. Their producer creates the music for them.....There is no band......All they do is sing. Now some of them did write their own lyrics, but most of them didn't.

I would be One.

Why does this have to be about race? Why can't someone JUST be an asshole?
20 seconds in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKkTXV86mI

neebelung 09-14-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

James

Considering he's about twice her age, that's not a miraculous feat. :lol:

neebelung 09-14-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265549)

James

I agree with ya there; I don't think it's a race issue. Just an arrogant dickweed issue. :lol:

Amber Lamps 09-14-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265539)
You noticed that too? LOL

James

Yea it's getting ridiculous. I call it the "Obama Effect"....:lol:

derf 09-14-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 265638)
Yea it's getting ridiculous. I call it the "Obama Effect"....:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKIcrDsJAs

Gas Man 09-14-2009 11:12 PM

He's a racist fuck.

I didn't read the 8 pages on here.

101lifts2 09-14-2009 11:18 PM

Who fuckin cares about this shit? It is obviously staged for the reasons mentioned by others.

Just another loser IMO.

Flexin 09-14-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 265665)
He's a racist fuck.

I didn't read the 8 pages on here.

How is he racist when he gets up there saying the video that one video of the year should be best female video?

James

Kaneman 09-14-2009 11:30 PM

Seriously guys? Seriously?

Gas Man 09-14-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265684)
How is he racist when he gets up there saying the video that one video of the year should be best female video?

James

Dont remember the whole katrina crap do you?

Flexin 09-14-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 265695)
Dont remember the whole katrina crap do you?

The whole Bush hates black people thing?

James

Rangerscott 09-14-2009 11:50 PM

If it wasn't for racism, he wouldnt have anything to say or rap (well if you call it that) about.

Gas Man 09-15-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265697)
The whole Bush hates black people thing?

James

Yep that along with some of his songs and actions on camera and such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 265706)
If it wasn't for racism, he wouldnt have anything to say or rap (well if you call it that) about.

True

Flexin 09-15-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 265706)

Hmmm? I guess I'm listening to a hole different set of Kanye songs then you.

I really like to know when this damn thread went to race and how. This is the main reason I was going to avoid it.

James

Rangerscott 09-15-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265714)

I really like to know when this damn thread went to race and how. This is the main reason I was going to avoid it.

James

I'm not talking about race. I'm not talking about african americans in general. I'm not even talking about you. I'm talking about Kayne.

TommyHotWheel 09-15-2009 02:11 AM

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9530/kanyei.png

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2825/horatio.png

Amber Lamps 09-15-2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 265714)

James

I like some Kanye songs and I can't think of any that mention race...

Jesus Walks, Flashlight, etc... I doubt that most of these guys would know a Kanye West song if they heard it.:lol: My gf thinks that if things were the other way all the N***rs would accuse the white person of being a racist. She's a mountain girl and a bit of a racist herself. I don't see how that would be right either. Just because you think that the other group would do something wrong, doesn't make it okay for you to do it, does it?

Flexin 09-15-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 265747)
I like some Kanye songs and I can't think of any that mention race...

Jesus Walks, Flashlight, etc... I doubt that most of these guys would know a Kanye West song if they heard it.:lol: My gf thinks that if things were the other way all the N***rs would accuse the white person of being a racist. She's a mountain girl and a bit of a racist herself. I don't see how that would be right either. Just because you think that the other group would do something wrong, doesn't make it okay for you to do it, does it?

The only thing I can think of is "you can be my black Kate Moss." or something like that. I wouldn't call that racist.

It sucks that race is what it talked about. I don't know why it can't be a crazy singer told the world that someone else should have won an award WHILE the winner was doing her speech.

Kanye didn't say anything about her color so it shouldn't be assumed thats why he thinks Beyonce should have won.

James

derf 09-15-2009 07:54 AM

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5047533_n.jpg

karl_1052 09-15-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

James

What instruments does he play?

Taylor Swift plays guitar.

derf 09-15-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 265777)
What instruments does he play?

Taylor Swift plays guitar.

http://hamptonsaudiovisualrentals.com/microphone.jpg

neebelung 09-15-2009 08:11 AM

Has anyone followed the tags on this thread? Bahahahah.... Tigger-esque?? Awesome..,,, :rofl:

Kaneman 09-15-2009 08:40 AM

GUYS!! SERIOUSLY!?!?!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8...man-751261.jpg

neebelung 09-15-2009 08:42 AM

:rofl:

pauldun170 09-15-2009 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol

defector 09-15-2009 10:12 AM

Why did he have to be so Dr. Evil?

z06boy 09-15-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 265003)
Kanye West is a fucking tool.

had a black woman won the award he wouldn't have done that...

I could care less about who wins what...

I find it find it funny that those that try the hardest to FIGHT the unfair discrimination... do nothing but reinforce it.

18 pages ? Wow...only read page one but will go with this one.

I don't listen to Taylor Swift but still...Kanye's a douchebag.

Amber Lamps 09-15-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 265783)

Wrong, Kanye I believe he plays several instruments including the piano. At any rate, he was a successful producer before he became a performer. He's also an avid rock and roll aficionado. I'm not a huge fan or anything but to say he's without talent is ludicrous. Btw two of my uncles were Black Panthers so I understand where he gets his political pov...:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West

Smittie61984 09-15-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 266089)

He probably filled that out himself.

I still think Kanye West is a bigot. Racist is probably the wrong word because I don't believe he believes that black people are genetically superior to white people. But I believe he only cares about black people.

I also can't believe people think it's staged. When that dumbass from Rage Against The Machine climbed shit no one thought it was staged. Now suddenly a douchebag (who has more douchebag power than an all you can grab Affliction/Neck Tattoo/Gel/Gixxer giveaway convention powered by a nuclear reactor) that is black does a douchebag move and it's suddenly staged???

Homeslice 09-15-2009 07:29 PM

He may be a douchebag but he's smart.

You could tell that his Bush NOL statement was authentic Kanye, but once he spit out that gem, Hollywood power figures grabbed a pen and added him to their list of "controversial people" that they could use to their advantage in the future.

Kaneman 09-15-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 266170)
I also can't believe people think it's staged. When that dumbass from Rage Against The Machine climbed shit no one thought it was staged. Now suddenly a douchebag (who has more douchebag power than an all you can grab Affliction/Neck Tattoo/Gel/Gixxer giveaway convention powered by a nuclear reactor) that is black does a douchebag move and it's suddenly staged???

Probably because he was arrested afterward and spent the night in jail. Now, its not completely impossible to get the police involved in a joke/stunt....but it is much, much harder.

MTV and TV programing in general have fallen farther and farther into the void of scripted reality television. They are capitalizing on their knowledge that the general public is incredibly gullible and likely to buy anything they see...and also that they can't get enough of celebrity tiffs. They are making millions and millions of dollars off of Eminem vs. Mariah, Kate vs. Octomom, Angelina vs. Aniston and so on.

MTV is a tabloid and the VMA is their once a year change to grab some front page headlines for a few days without paying a cent in advertising. So they pick a popular rapper with a history of incendiary racial type comments and have him steal the mic from an innocent lil' white country singer to promote another black performer.

Dudes and dudettes, its a simpler formula than middle school algebra. They do it every year, the media covers the shit out of it and people eat it up like chicken wings.

Flexin 09-15-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 266195)
Probably because he was arrested afterward and spent the night in jail. Now, its not completely impossible to get the police involved in a joke/stunt....but it is much, much harder.

MTV and TV programing in general have fallen farther and farther into the void of scripted reality television. They are capitalizing on their knowledge that the general public is incredibly gullible and likely to buy anything they see...and also that they can't get enough of celebrity tiffs. They are making millions and millions of dollars off of Eminem vs. Mariah, Kate vs. Octomom, Angelina vs. Aniston and so on.

MTV is a tabloid and the VMA is their once a year change to grab some front page headlines for a few days without paying a cent in advertising. So they pick a popular rapper with a history of incendiary racial type comments and have him steal the mic from an innocent lil' white country singer to promote another black performer.

Dudes and dudettes, its a simpler formula than middle school algebra. They do it every year, the media covers the shit out of it and people eat it up like chicken wings.

BG? Is that you? LOL

James

Homeslice 09-15-2009 09:00 PM

:lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

ABC sorry it tweeted Obama's 'jackass' comment
2 hrs 56 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – ABC News has apologized after a high-profile news anchor reported on Twitter that US President Barack Obama called rapper Kanye West a "jackass" in an off-the-record conversation.

The exchange, provoked by West's conduct at the MTV Video Music Awards when he interrupted an acceptance speech by teen star Taylor Swift, occurred during a break between a series of interviews by Obama at the White House Monday.

The comment, from an off-the-record portion of an interview by US business channel CNBC, was tweeted to one million followers on the micro-blogging site by "Nightline" anchor Terry Moran. The tweet was later deleted.

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," said ABC News in a statement late Monday.

"This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey Schneider said that the organization had reached out to the White House and CNBC in a series of telephone calls.

"It was a mistake. It's certainly one that we regret. We certainly made that very clear to CNBC and the White House," he said.

The White House declined to comment on the controversy.

"I'm not going to get into what the president had to say in an off-the-record conversation," said Obama's deputy press secretary Bill Burton.

ABC said several staffers heard the comment because they share a transmission line with CNBC, but did not hear the stipulation that the comments were not for reporting.

neebelung 09-15-2009 09:20 PM

I love it; I heard that earlier and just :dvrofl: The best part, however, is that the Tweet was removed... But for what? To be reported on every website and news outlet? Double awesomeness. :lol:

derf 09-15-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 266221)
I love it; I heard that earlier and just :dvrofl: The best part, however, is that the Tweet was removed... But for what? To be reported on every website and news outlet? Double awesomeness. :lol:

Seriously, removing it is the story, not that he said the word asshole.

Mr Lefty 09-15-2009 09:37 PM

i just gained respect for Obama

derf 09-15-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 266227)

I think alot of folks did. A few more comments like that and universal healthcare might actually happen

neebelung 09-15-2009 09:59 PM

And speaking of... The gay fish South Park episode is on.... :rofl:

derf 09-15-2009 10:00 PM

http://thechive.com/wp-content/uploa...nternet-11.jpg

Dragonpaco 09-15-2009 10:02 PM

this thread got alot better after i got high

Kaneman 09-15-2009 10:19 PM

Colbert has a hilarious report on this whole debacle.

Mr Lefty 09-16-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 266249)
Colbert has a hilarious report on this whole debacle.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/95648/the-...mas#s-p1-st-i1

LeeNetworX 09-16-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 266175)
He may be a douchebag but he's smart.

ORLY?

Have you seen or heard anything about his 52-page "book"? It contains tidbits of Kanye wisdom such as "Get use to being used", in giant red fonts that take up entire portions of the 52 pages. And this is from a guy that has proclaimed that he’s a “proud non-reader” who doesn’t see the value in books.

Your opinion of this douchebag being smart is laughable. He may be able to sell crap music to the general population, but all you really need for that is a good producer...no street smarts needed.

Tmall 09-16-2009 07:29 AM

Don't

Tmall 09-16-2009 07:32 AM

Stupid phone! I can't edit or delete with it either..

neebelung 09-16-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 266318)
He may be able to sell crap music to the general population, but all you really need for that is a good producer...no street smarts needed.

agreed. I think often people mistake industry savvy for actual intelligence.

karl_1052 09-16-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 266323)
agreed. I think often people mistake industry savvy for actual intelligence.

But industry savvy is VERY rarely related to the actual "artist". It is always the record companies and agents who are making all the smart moves.

neebelung 09-16-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 266331)
But industry savvy is VERY rarely related to the actual "artist". It is always the record companies and agents who are making all the smart moves.

Oh absolutely. It's a producer lookin at someone going "I can package that and sell a zillion records."

z06boy 09-16-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 266227)

It definitely helped.

OneSickPsycho 09-16-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 266213)
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

ABC sorry it tweeted Obama's 'jackass' comment
2 hrs 56 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – ABC News has apologized after a high-profile news anchor reported on Twitter that US President Barack Obama called rapper Kanye West a "jackass" in an off-the-record conversation.

The exchange, provoked by West's conduct at the MTV Video Music Awards when he interrupted an acceptance speech by teen star Taylor Swift, occurred during a break between a series of interviews by Obama at the White House Monday.

The comment, from an off-the-record portion of an interview by US business channel CNBC, was tweeted to one million followers on the micro-blogging site by "Nightline" anchor Terry Moran. The tweet was later deleted.

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," said ABC News in a statement late Monday.

"This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey Schneider said that the organization had reached out to the White House and CNBC in a series of telephone calls.

"It was a mistake. It's certainly one that we regret. We certainly made that very clear to CNBC and the White House," he said.

The White House declined to comment on the controversy.

"I'm not going to get into what the president had to say in an off-the-record conversation," said Obama's deputy press secretary Bill Burton.

ABC said several staffers heard the comment because they share a transmission line with CNBC, but did not hear the stipulation that the comments were not for reporting.

Makes me like Obama a little more... and EXCELLENT use of smilies...

goof2 09-16-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 266320)
Don't

stop, thinking about tomorrow?

karl_1052 09-16-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 266356)
stop, thinking about tomorrow?

yikes!