Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone using Titanium Sprockets? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3795)

Shift 11-23-2008 05:23 PM

Anyone using Titanium Sprockets?

Just curious if anyone has used them on your bike? Obviously I wouldn't run them at the track with all the extra unsprung weight. But I was thinking about having a set to use on the street seeing as how I put almost 20k miles a year on the bike it would be nice to have a "sprocket for life" and not having to worry about ever buying a new one. Comments? Thoughts?

Mr Lefty 11-23-2008 05:23 PM

I think Tigger might be... :idk: I know his are the ones insured for life... Trimetal or some shit

OneSickPsycho 11-23-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 106809)
Just curious if anyone has used them on your bike? Obviously I wouldn't run them at the track with all the extra unsprung weight. But I was thinking about having a set to use on the street seeing as how I put almost 20k miles a year on the bike it would be nice to have a "sprocket for life" and not having to worry about ever buying a new one. Comments? Thoughts?

Ti sprockets would be lighter than their steel counterparts.... Are you saying you wouldn't run stock sprockets at the track?

Shift 11-23-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 106824)
Ti sprockets would be lighter than their steel counterparts.... Are you saying you wouldn't run stock sprockets at the track?

I run aluminum at the track.

OneSickPsycho 11-23-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 106843)
I run aluminum at the track.

Ok... and the weight difference between an aluminum sproket and a titanium sprocket is what? Maybe a couple ounces?

NONE_too_SOFT 11-23-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 106875)
Ok... and the weight difference between an aluminum sproket and a titanium sprocket is what? Maybe a couple ounces?

couple of OZ's is a lot when its in motion like that.

honestly, though, unless you've got your own race squad and a crew to calibrate your bike who the fuck cares what sprocket you're using at the track man? theres so much more to worry about than a couple extra ounces at the wheel.

speedylocksmith 11-23-2008 06:15 PM

lose 10lbs and that's more weight then you can save with a sprocket

OneSickPsycho 11-23-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 106878)
couple of OZ's is a lot when its in motion like that.

honestly, though, unless you've got your own race squad and a crew to calibrate your bike who the fuck cares what sprocket you're using at the track man? theres so much more to worry about than a couple extra ounces at the wheel.

Wheel weights FTL.

Mr Lefty 11-23-2008 06:37 PM

exactly...

Until you start run'n WERA at least... focus on YOU more than the bike

marko138 11-24-2008 12:46 PM

I use pulleys.