Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I The Only One? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18398)

Amber Lamps 02-27-2011 06:48 PM

Am I The Only One?

That gets pissed when people "ghost out" on you during a ride? My GF did this three fucking times today and I about came unglued! Two of the times, there was some justification, although I still cautioned her that she needs to somehow let me know if she is stopping.

Anyone that has ridden for any amount of time knows the feeling you get in the pit of your gut when you check your mirror and someone you care about is missing...:panic: I turned around and went back to find her looking at some car for sale... I pulled a football coach maneuver, grabbed her chin guard and unloaded. If she does it again, we are done riding together, PERIOD!

'73 H1 Triple 02-27-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 452895)
.......... If she does it again, we are done riding together, PERIOD!

Do you tell her this? She needs to know why it's important to let the other rider know that you're stopping.

goof2 02-27-2011 06:55 PM

Yeah, tell her if she wants to check something out you can always turn around once she tells you her intentions. You might also consider a bike to bike intercom system if for whatever reason she regularly has to stop immediately.

Trip 02-27-2011 07:00 PM

Usually it's my fault when that happens. LOL

Amber Lamps 02-27-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 452897)
Do you tell her this? She needs to know why it's important to let the other rider know that you're stopping.

I'm trying... She is still relatively new to this hobby and hasn't had to deal with this yet. It's hard to make someone truly understand what it's like to go back and find your friend mangled up under a car, missing a leg/arm or just plain dead... I have been there too many times and it's why I don't ride with very many people anymore.:panic:

Amber Lamps 02-27-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 452899)
Yeah, tell her if she wants to check something out you can always turn around once she tells you her intentions. You might also consider a bike to bike intercom system if for whatever reason she regularly has to stop immediately.

Exactly, I don't care if you saw a $100 on road, you had better let me know before you stop, especially if we are riding at an elevated pace. I'm considering a Sena set-up right now...the problem is that my GF is somewhat of a chatterbox and I really don't want to be privy to her ramblings during the entire ride... "Oooo I like that house...", "That car's color is pretty...", etc...:lol: I get more than my fill of that in the car...:whistle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 452902)

:lol: Yea and you're lucky that you don't get a punch in the mouth!:wink:

pauldun170 02-27-2011 07:28 PM

Watch it dude...your girlfriend can kick your ass.

Mr Lefty 02-27-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 452902)

yes because you "ghost out" while LEADING.... :rofl:

Mr Lefty 02-27-2011 07:37 PM

maybe it's worth it for you to invest in those blue tooth intercoms...

but honestly... with a new(ish) rider... it's YOUR responsibility to make them understand what is considered bad etiquette... at least IMO

Particle Man 02-27-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 452912)
maybe it's worth it for you to invest in those blue tooth intercoms...

I would agree with this one.

Hopefully she'll never have to experience someone she cares about suddenly dropping out of view because they've crashed.

If she really wants to stop then some way of communicating such is in order.