Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Texas Trackdays (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4580)

05svr650 12-18-2008 03:43 PM

Texas Trackdays

My wifes family lives in Austin and San Antonio. We will be going down next year to visit on vacation. My original plan was to ride Texas World on April 5 & 10, but may be reconsidering my options. 145mph turn 1 is about 20mph faster than my little SV will go.

I hear that Oak Hill is nice and technical, but I don't know much, only what I read on the Lonestar Trackday website.

Where is Azoomm? Please fill me in on what I need to know about these Texans and their bikes...!!!

I'll be riding intermidiate
2005 SV650s (not so stock)
ran 1:04's @ TGP

Any sugestions?

Trip 12-18-2008 03:46 PM

she has a subforum here as a vendor

http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

dReWpY 12-18-2008 03:57 PM

i thought the sv would pull that speed?

i know it would be at the top end of the spectrum, but still possible...

huh, oh well

05svr650 12-18-2008 04:07 PM

134 max stock @ redline

deals gap dragon slayer 12-18-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05svr650 (Post 129971)
My wifes family lives in Austin and San Antonio. We will be going down next year to visit on vacation. My original plan was to ride Texas World on April 5 & 10, but may be reconsidering my options. 145mph turn 1 is about 20mph faster than my little SV will go.

I hear that Oak Hill is nice and technical, but I don't know much, only what I read on the Lonestar Trackday website.

Where is Azoomm? Please fill me in on what I need to know about these Texans and their bikes...!!!

Any sugestions?

Hey whats up
oak hill was originally built as a cart track. its fun, technical and has little to no run off area. Its also for licensed racers only...

azoomm 12-18-2008 04:13 PM

Your SV would be fine at TWS - it's an old Nascar track that was let off the circuit and now bikes use the infield to offer corners as well as banking.

The only Texas schedule that is published right now is Lone Star, they do the licensing process for the CMRA so they have that schedule first. Then, the rest of the organizations schedule after them to offer instructors and racers opportunities to ride other than race weekends. My schedule should be published by the end of this weekend.

I do recommend Lone Star as an option to do trackdays at tracks other than Harris Hill Road in Texas.

Oak Hill is old skool - no facilities and primarily used for the race circuits CMRA TMGP etc... FWIW, it is Nicky Hayden's favorite track.

ducati_atx 12-18-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05svr650 (Post 129971)

Any sugestions?

I cant think of a person in intermediate who's going to go anywhere near 145 on T1 of TWS. Most people in intermediate dont even hit 145 on the banked straight.

You might look at Zoom's trackdays...

I like TWS and MSR (Cresson) near Dallas. I also recommend LSTD... the other large one is a bit disoganized. :|

dReWpY 12-18-2008 04:16 PM

that reminds me of the banked straight b4 T1 at nashville.... i miss the warm weather

azoomm 12-18-2008 04:16 PM

What the heck... Texas Trackday's site is a reported issue site - I bypassed the warning, and it locked up my computer. Eeeewwwww

deals gap dragon slayer 12-18-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 130011)
the other large one is a bit disoganized. :|

Yeah but he means well..