Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Triumph Sprint GT (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16477)

Curb 09-21-2010 06:04 PM

Triumph Sprint GT

Got to ride it today. My sales rep came down and had one with him.

Overall...

Pros...
Heat distribution: night and day compared to the old Sprint. Rode it down here in the Sofla sun through traffic and compared to the ST it was non existent.

Throttle response: Not twichie at all, takes off like a rocket around 3500rpm.

Handling: its 4 inches longer, but about an inch or two lower, handles like a dream, there is one road down here that has a few S turns...not bad for riding a couch.

Ergos: It being lower allows more people to ride it, the handle bars are pulled back a little more then on the ST and for someone of my height 6'3'' it felt really comfy. I'm sure that the avg height rider wouldn't have a problem fitting on it.

Cons...

Pegs: Seem shorter and pulled in more then on the ST. I found it really hard to place my feet in a comfortable position.

Tranny: In my opinion, still loud and klunky.

As you can see the Pros out weigh the Cons on this bike. I hope you guys can get out your local dealer and demo one...it really was a lot of fun...except for the old lady who cut me off at a light and presissted to curse me out and the other girl who was on her cell phone decided she wanted to be in the right lane instead of the left lane that she was in.

my overall impression is :rockwoot:

Dave 09-21-2010 06:32 PM

cool, they have a bunch of neat stuff coming. like that new tiger 800

tommymac 09-21-2010 07:12 PM

Nice, thats good to hear esp comming from you. I was thinking it may replace my priller as my tourer/commuter bike. the ergos on the st are a little cramped. was hoping the gt was a little roomier but could still rail.

Curb 09-21-2010 07:32 PM

There was one more con...the damn thing is about 100# heavier then the ST (590# wet). But you don't notice it while riding, just maneuvering it around the garage

Cutty72 09-22-2010 10:25 AM

Cool. I demo'd a ST awhile back when they had their demo days, and was impressed. A little leary of the weight just cause of how it may hamper performance.

Maybe next year I'll get a chance to get on one.

tommymac 09-22-2010 10:27 AM

my friend has an ST, been meaning to give his a ride. He said theres some triumph demo in VT soon. I couldnt find anything but would def make a roadtrip out of it to ride a GT.

Curb 09-22-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 411048)
my friend has an ST, been meaning to give his a ride. He said theres some triumph demo in VT soon. I couldnt find anything but would def make a roadtrip out of it to ride a GT.

We have the demo truck down here in November...come on down and afterwords we can go a snake huntin'

tommymac 09-22-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb (Post 411268)
We have the demo truck down here in November...come on down and afterwords we can go a snake huntin'

make it late nov and I will see what I can do. Not sure what the mrs will say if I come home with a few burms :lol: