Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Central Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2009 Indy GP - August 30 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2522)

MikeSP1 07-28-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSP1 (Post 78874)
Toss my name on that list.

I take this back, there's no way I'm gonna be able to make it.

Mr Lefty 07-28-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant (Post 247852)
You guys might want to try the Residence Inn on the Canal in Downtown Indianapolis. I think rooms are around 150 ish, and its about 10-15 mins from the track, and a decent walk to the downtown bar district.

There is an Embassy Suites ($190 a night) which is in downtown also, and an easy walking distance to the bar area (on problem is the $20 a day to park in the garage, since its downtown, and it sounded like the are pretty strict on parking.

Last year they closed down a block or so of the streets in the bar district for bike parking, but either of these hotels are pretty close.

The Residence Inn on the Canal has a flat lot, so no garage, but still 12 bucks a day parking, but they sounded a little more lax.

$190 a night is way to expensive for my blood. shit $100 a night is up there... figure I'm roll'n in Wed night leaving sunday after the race that's still $400 just on the hotel... no thanks.

I'm think'n I'll find a super 8 or Howard Johnson and get by for 70-80 a night.

marko138 07-28-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 247898)
$190 a night is way to expensive for my blood. shit $100 a night is up there... figure I'm roll'n in Wed night leaving sunday after the race that's still $400 just on the hotel... no thanks.

I'm think'n I'll find a super 8 or Howard Johnson and get by for 70-80 a night.

:lol: I stayed in a $450/night Marriott in downtown Philly for 3 days last week. It was a nice room...but damn sure not a 450 room. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Mr Lefty 07-28-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 247904)
:lol: I stayed in a $450/night Marriott in downtown Philly for 3 days last week. It was a nice room...but damn sure not a 450 room. Glad I didn't pay for it.

see I can't do that shit if I have to pay for it... all I need is a fuck'n bed and a shower... maybe A/C depending on the temp at night.

I'd rather spend $50 at super 8 and have more money to spend on food and going out than on a nice room.

shit I strongly considered camping... but not with the dude getting stabbed last year :lol:

marko138 07-28-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 247908)
see I can't do that shit if I have to pay for it... all I need is a fuck'n bed and a shower... maybe A/C depending on the temp at night.

I'd rather spend $50 at super 8 and have more money to spend on food and going out than on a nice room.

shit I strongly considered camping... but not with the dude getting stabbed last year :lol:

Right, if I'm paying I'm looking a little cheaper. I mean, I'll spend a few bucks on a nice room. But not $450. But hey, my entire trip was paid for. I was there on 'work'.

Rider 07-28-2009 08:39 AM

No Indy this year for me. We have family plans that weekend.

Captain Morgan 07-28-2009 09:03 AM

I'll be there. Prob will just drive up each day, rather than staying at a hotel this time. Granted, if I party too much with you guys, I may have to camp out on the floor of someoene's room. :lol:

Sorry to hear you won't make it this year, Ed.

Mr Lefty 07-28-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 247909)
Right, if I'm paying I'm looking a little cheaper. I mean, I'll spend a few bucks on a nice room. But not $450. But hey, my entire trip was paid for. I was there on 'work'.

ahh yeah... well for me... I'm cheap for that shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 247939)
No Indy this year for me. We have family plans that weekend.

damn... I was hope'n you'd be there again this year... was good meeting ya last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 247965)
I'll be there. Prob will just drive up each day, rather than staying at a hotel this time. Granted, if I party too much with you guys, I may have to camp out on the floor of someoene's room. :lol:

Sorry to hear you won't make it this year, Ed.

cool... well I'll know friday where I'm stay'n. I'll let ya know

Phenix_Rider 08-27-2009 11:37 PM

Anyone planning to be around the hotel about 1pm? I'd like to dump my stuff before heading to the track. Planning to leave at 5am.