Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kanye west is a fool (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10445)

neebelung 09-14-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265431)
At my gym they have a video station and I watch some of these rap vids and just think to myself what made them think this would be a good idea its like every other video out there

Ah, in that sense, videos have always had a "formula," it just changes over the years. Back in the 80's, it was big hair, tight pants, and chicks in leather bras (with big hair, and tight pants). :lol:

Now it's big houses, expensive cars, big yachts, and big asses in bikinis.

Seems the common thread is bigger is better! :lol:

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265430)
And aside from that, videos then were FUN. Those videos were always toungue-in-cheek, and fun to watch back in those days. :lol:

Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous :lol:

Tom

Papa_Complex 09-14-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265435)
Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous :lol:

Tom

It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a raccoon coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.

tommymac 09-14-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 265436)
It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a raccoon coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.

True at least they got away from the motorcycles in the videos, now its just cars most of them cant even afford :lol:

One was kinda funny the 2 guys were dressed up as used car salesman from the 70's, though tthat was kinda funny and they didnt seem to take themselves too seriously.

Tom

Flexin 09-14-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 265436)

Is it easier if they have tight ass jeans or spandex? Men in make up?

Twisted Sister. I liked this song back in the day. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

Kiss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk

James

neebelung 09-14-2009 04:00 PM

:dvrofl:

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs. :lol:

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.

tommymac 09-14-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 265440)
:dvrofl:

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs. :lol:

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.

And kiss is on like the 10th leg of their farewell tour :lol: plus kiss and to a lesser degree twisted sister were the first to do what they did. Think back to waht kiss was back in the late 70's. P-diddy or any of these clowns could only hope to achieve the level they did. I doubt we will ever see another band do something like that again.

Homeslice 09-14-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 265435)

Tom

Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?

I would not even call most of today's hip-hop hip-hop........it's more "thug nightclub music". It's sad when one of the only people who can flow anymore is Eminem.

tommymac 09-14-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 265443)
Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?

Gives em street cred:lol

Tom

goof2 09-14-2009 04:44 PM

In my view it is worse if it was set up. I don't really care about a demonstrated idiot doing what he does best, being an idiot. I am less likely to brush off creating a situation with racial overtones in an attempt to boost "buzz" about a show simply because it stopped being relevant 20+ years ago.

The boat (from what I have read a Grand Craft) in the Kid Rock video is pretty bad ass though.