Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Elite Trackdays (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Passing rules (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4818)

05svr650 12-29-2008 04:11 PM

Passing rules

How well do these days go with the current passing rules?

Do you have to start out in group 1?

Passing only in the straights, doesn't that put a damper on the faster guys with less hp that can pass in the corners but can't compete with the high hp guys on the straights?

smileyman 12-29-2008 05:03 PM

If you are fast, bump to race group where they allow corner passes?:idk:

05svr650 12-29-2008 11:27 PM

"Passing
Group 1 - no passing unless the rider in front signals for a safe pass on the OUTSIDE (to the left) of the front rider.
Group 2 - passing only allowed in the straights and on the outside (to the left) of the front rider. "

I didnt see a race group.

Archren 12-29-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05svr650 (Post 135678)
"Passing
Group 1 - no passing unless the rider in front signals for a safe pass on the OUTSIDE (to the left) of the front rider.
Group 2 - passing only allowed in the straights and on the outside (to the left) of the front rider. "

Moira will pretty much tell you that the rules are there for a reason.. no passing means no passing. Period.

There is no "race" group.. and you have to have ridden in group 1 first for Elite personnel to evaluate your riding before you're allowed in group 2 (the "fast" group, if you will).

smileyman 12-30-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05svr650 (Post 135678)
"Passing

No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)

Trip 12-30-2008 10:48 AM

He rides a SV too, passing on the straight will be tough against 600s and above unless he just late breaks them going in or builds a ton of corner speed coming out.

Archren 12-30-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 135825)
No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)

I wouldn't say you wouldn't learn *anything*... Besides, some of the local racers/instructors ride at Elite's track days. :shrug:

xx CURVE xx 12-30-2008 10:56 AM

Tards can only pass on the inside :whistle:

azoomm 12-30-2008 11:01 AM

First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 135825)

There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.

xx CURVE xx 12-30-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 135847)
First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.

what are the rules for "us" ...tards are "slow" :whistle: