Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Race the Trace.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1973)

dReWpY 07-17-2008 07:19 PM

Race the Trace....

I got an idea, slightly illegal, but a good one none the less:idk:

we have this road, which will be left unmentioned :lol: that has lil to no access for miles, great curves, only problem is it might be patrolled by the feds. i have been tossing around the idea of setting something up, by no means sponsoring, or organizing or anything that would make me liable in any way shape or manner a friendly competition of sorts

if we had a bike or biker posted on the on ramps at either end of a decent strech with chatter boxs, in theory we could WOT with knowing the cops are not coming, if they do show up, just say the word and its back to 40 mph again...

thoughts comments, statements

Trip 07-17-2008 08:44 PM

bad idea to post shit like this on the internet

NONE_too_SOFT 07-17-2008 08:45 PM

IDK man, thats what the tracks for. Sounds like you've got the low down on how to evade the po po, but you're prolly gonna need the reds and blues when somebody highsides over a cliff or pancakes into on comming traffic.

keep the competative stuff on the track is my vote.

Mr Lefty 07-17-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 56277)
IDK man, thats what the tracks for. Sounds like you've got the low down on how to evade the po po, but you're prolly gonna need the reds and blues when somebody highsides over a cliff or pancakes into on comming traffic.

keep the competative stuff on the track is my vote.

I'm with you on this...

it's one thing to drag a knee on the gap...it's another to have an all out race... asking for trouble...

that being said... had you caught me 5 years ago... I'd be down :lol: damn growing up

rider76 07-17-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 56253)
I got an idea, slightly illegal, but a good one none the less:idk:

we have this road, which will be left unmentioned :lol: that has lil to no access for miles, great curves, only problem is it might be patrolled by the feds. i have been tossing around the idea of setting something up, by no means sponsoring, or organizing or anything that would make me liable in any way shape or manner a friendly competition of sorts

if we had a bike or biker posted on the on ramps at either end of a decent strech with chatter boxs, in theory we could WOT with knowing the cops are not coming, if they do show up, just say the word and its back to 40 mph
again...

thoughts comments, statements

Provided there is no way for anyone to enter this strech of highway, without the look out knowing. It could work..I see where you are coming from, I have rode on the autobahn.. there is something to be said about WOT for miles... keep us posted on this.

FT BSTRD 07-17-2008 11:24 PM

The only problem with that run is the wildlife. A turkey or deer at a buck 30 would suck.

The only really good sections are at the top nearest Nashville. It gets progressively sucky the farther south you go. I rode from Nashville to Kosciusko, MS. I thought I was going to shoot myself in the head.

I'd say that the run from Nashville to Frankln (96) would be the best. There are no entrance ramps between those to points. You'd only need to post a lookout near one end or the other. You do an out and back with the lookout left at the starting end to look for patrols entering the run. The out leg is looking for patrols stationed along the run. At the end, turn and burn. Lookout would inform if a patrol enters the run.

Once you hit the end. Leave.

Or so I've heard.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.050812&z=14

Trip 07-17-2008 11:39 PM

$120 for a day at nashville which is literally on your doorstep or risk a $500+ fine with a mandatory court date where the federal judge can and will add on more punishment if he wants, that's a tough choice....

FT BSTRD 07-17-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 56363)
$120 for a day at nashville which is literally on your doorstep or risk a $500+ fine with a mandatory court date where the federal judge can and will add on more punishment if he wants, that's a tough choice....

Agreed completely.

Sometimes part of the thrill is getting caught. I'm too old for those kinds of thrills.

r!der 07-18-2008 12:48 AM

Horrible Idea!

fpzx10 07-18-2008 01:18 AM

Will, that's is quite possibly the worst idea you've ever had. Step away from the crackpipe.