Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southeast Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   the effects of the economy on riding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5594)

Smittie61984 02-01-2009 05:01 PM

First off Cops are government workers. Government workers are usually the last to get laid off in a pinch. But with tax revenue down cops are going to be out in bigger force taking tickets. Maybe less street patroling and more sitting on the side of hte road. Cars use less gass idling than they do moving.

But I have seen cop patrols up big time lately. Infact if you are coming into Atlanta. On I-285 near Doraville that town lost a GM manufacturing plant. Major loss for that town. But they control a 1/4mile stretch of I-285 on the inside lanes. They patrol that badboy full force everyday. Don't even go the speedlimit. Go either 200mph or 40mph.

marko138 02-03-2009 03:49 PM

I'd say cops, while less on the streets, will definately be issuing more tickets. Watch your back.

tommymac 02-03-2009 03:57 PM

up here they are talking all sorts of job cuts and in nassau they may let go about 100 cops (cops in my county make 100k a year) so i am sure enforcement may go up. they will stick it to the taxpayer any other way they can to.

Tom

marko138 02-03-2009 03:58 PM

A local community here laid off the POLICE CHIEF. :wtf:

smileyman 02-03-2009 05:27 PM

The only times I have heard patrols drop is when gas is extremely high or they have a shortage of officers. The States budget would have to fall significantly from the year prior before budget adjustments and then it would cut back equipment before it does patrols or officers...

Curb 02-03-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 156212)
I have no doubts that tickets are increasingly being used as revenue generators.

My taxes (tickets) have gone up considerably as of late.

stop tailgating the police and you'd be fine.

i think this past weekend they did a sting on I95 in Pompano Beach for like a 3-5mile stretch. One bike cop on an over pass with about 15 officers on the side of the road pulling the cars over...all of the proceeds were going to their budget...gotta love it. i think a ticket for 20 over down here is something like $235...Welcome to Florida, now give me your wallet - FHP

buzzcutt2 02-03-2009 06:12 PM

Every morning on my way to work there are 2-5 cops busting single riders in the car pool lane.

marko138 02-03-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 159043)
The only times I have heard patrols drop is when gas is extremely high or they have a shortage of officers. The States budget would have to fall significantly from the year prior before budget adjustments and then it would cut back equipment before it does patrols or officers...

Those are the days of old, my friend. It used to be that Law enforcement and public safety where recession proof....but not anymore. Cuts to Police departments are being made all across the country.

TrackRider54 02-06-2009 12:07 PM

Speeding fines (aka hurry taxes) will be a good source of income for governments. You can bet that police will be out writing tickets. They will be trying to offset their salary by bringing in income.

Trip 02-06-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 156382)
TN is fucked, they are talking about cutting tenured track prof's at the college, thats insane

tenure is fucking ghey anyway, that should be erased from our universities.