Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HD out of bussiness? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11940)

derf 11-30-2009 05:34 PM

HD out of bussiness?

Ok so I doubt this will happen, but what would be the effects of them going under and not selling bikes anymore? Imagine that they just shut doors and close shop, what would all the 99%r's do? Would honda or suzuki or victory step in to fill the void?

Dave 11-30-2009 05:40 PM

i say they'd all go to indian or victory.

NONE_too_SOFT 11-30-2009 05:40 PM

HD has about as much a chance of going out of business as Heinz does going out of the condiment business.

You're hypothetical is pretty far fetched. for them to go out of business would defy logic. They're an icon, for that to happen would mean they would need to spend decades churning out crap that only chumps would buy and trying to delve into other markets unsuccessful.......

wait a tick.

Amber Lamps 11-30-2009 05:50 PM

They came really close back in the 80s, I think. Net result would not be all that important IMHO. They don't employ all that many people nor do they sell THAT many bikes annually. I bet when Circuit City folded it made a bigger splash than what Harley will do.:idk:

derf 11-30-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 299575)
They came really close back in the 80s, I think. Net result would not be all that important IMHO. They don't employ all that many people nor do they sell THAT many bikes annually. I bet when Circuit City folded it made a bigger splash than what Harley will do.:idk:

Right but think of the culture that will be lost! All those lawyers and accountants without HD bikes to look bad ass on.

Sean 11-30-2009 05:54 PM

Bankruptcy is a genuine possibility, going out of business is highly unlikely. There is too much equity built up in the brand for it to be swept under the table.

Homeslice 11-30-2009 06:00 PM

Who owns it now? If it isn't some Chinese or Malaysian holding company, it soon will be.

Phenix_Rider 11-30-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 299562)
Ok so I doubt this will happen, but what would be the effects of them going under and not selling bikes anymore? Imagine that they just shut doors and close shop, what would all the 99%r's do? Would honda or suzuki or victory step in to fill the void?

They already have. Look at many mfg's lineups lately? EVERY single one has a number of HD clones, and one-ups. The only thing to change would be the mark-up on HD parts and accessories and the resale value. Instead of stupid high, prices would be through the roof, Barrett Jackson high.

Dave 11-30-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 299615)
They already have. Look at many mfg's lineups lately? EVERY single one has a number of HD clones, and one-ups. The only thing to change would be the mark-up on HD parts and accessories and the resale value. Instead of stupid high, prices would be through the roof, Barrett Jackson high.

words cannot describe how much i hate those barret jackson fucks.

marko138 12-01-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 299615)

I believe this to be true. And I hope they do go under. Fuck em, fags.