Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Track Boot Recommendations (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4964)

ontwo 01-05-2009 12:18 PM

Track Boot Recommendations

What do you guys and gals have AND where did you get them?

marko138 01-05-2009 12:19 PM

I have Alpinestars SMX 3's...I bought them from DLIT. Like them, but they could be a little better...but a good boot none the less. Might go with the SMX plus or Sidi Vertigo corsa next.

Rider 01-05-2009 12:24 PM

I have the AGV sport Sebring boots. I bought them from Marko. Great boot for the price. Mine are for sale if you want them. Size 45 (About a 11- 11.5 shoe)

ontwo 01-05-2009 12:25 PM

I had the SMX Plus. I may end up getting another pair. Just lookin for some options. Thanks for the input

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 139546)
I have the AGV sport Sebring boots. I bought them from Marko. Great boot for the price. Mine are for sale if you want them. Size 45 (About a 11- 11.5 shoe)

I'll look into those. Great new Av

shmike 01-05-2009 12:29 PM

Sidi.

I know some people that like their A*s but I see no need to change.

My Sidi's fit well and have proven to be great protection in multiple asphalt surfing attempts.

I would NOT wear Oxtar unless they were sponsoring me.

marko138 01-05-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 139558)
Sidi.

My Sidi's fit well and have proven to be great protection in multiple asphalt surfing attempts.

I've been looking at Oxtar...whats wrong with them?

shmike 01-05-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 139560)
I've been looking at Oxtar...whats wrong with them?

I have heard of them failing on more than one occasion.

I have personally seen them fail on a buddy in a relatively low speed incident. The bottom of the boot came off and he ended up on crutches due to poor quality control.

marko138 01-05-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 139564)
I have heard of them failing on more than one occasion.

I have personally seen them fail on a buddy in a relatively low speed incident. The bottom of the boot came off and he ended up on crutches due to poor quality control.

Damn, that is unacceptable. The SMX3's held up good when I crashed in them.

Trip 01-05-2009 12:53 PM

SMX Plus boots or better are the only A*s I would wear, otherwise go sidi. There is another brand of boot that is mostly sold in Europe that is suppose to be badass too.

fasternyou929 01-05-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 139558)
Sidi.

Agreed. I have Sidi Vertigo Corsa Airs (Air just means perforated, not good for basketball). Very comfortable and have held up more than once to a bike falling on them and surfing the asphalt. Picked my bike up and walked away from each one.

Picked them up at a local dealership - beat them down with the prices available online until they matched it.