Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   San Antonio? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11413)

skiergirl 11-06-2009 12:26 PM

welcome to TX! I live practically next door to the track with Tye so we are at most every track day Elite has. It's a great organization and perfect for a first time track rider because she will have plenty of instruction and guidance.

New Branfels has some good dealerships but you can find some good deals in Austin too if you look around and aren't in a hurry or super picky.

As for riding there is awesome hill country in North West San Antonio and I know a whole bunch of people that ride there regularly. I don't make it down nearly as much as I used to but they still ride on the weekends, I'll PM you a local board that a lot of the SA guys are on.

Mikey 11-06-2009 03:10 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the info, folks. It'll be great to meet up with you when we get out there.

Rider 11-06-2009 03:11 PM

Just stay away from Ft Hood.

azoomm 11-06-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 288632)
Just stay away from Ft Hood.

Well, now it's REALLY safe there.... :panic:

Hi there - golly y'all are awesome. We'd be happy to have you come by sometime :)

ROADandTRACK 02-25-2010 06:16 PM

We are in SA and do all kinds of motorcycle work.

We specialize in Roadracing/Sportbikes.
Multi Championship Winning Service and Suspension.

Come check us out. www.VonHertell.com

Mikey 10-13-2010 06:44 PM

Bump!

We're finally settled in (mostly, anyway). We bought a house on the Northeast side of town, and I have my 636 out of storage and on the road. Now I just need to replace the tires that were on it when it went into storage four years ago and I'll be in pretty good shape.

The wife is interested in meeting some motorcycle-type folks. Is there a decent bike night or something around here that isn't too squidtacular?

HurricaneHeather 10-13-2010 10:19 PM

Welcome! What neighborhood are you in? Or, what roads are you close to? I grew up in the ghetto part of the NE side...I hope you aren't there. :lol:

What the hell are you doing NE if you're stationed at Lackland? :lol: Traffic isn't really that bad there, but still. That's a drive.

Sorry....I don't know anything about bike nights. Lori(Skiergirl) would probably know better than any of us. :D

Mikey 10-13-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 417548)
Welcome! What neighborhood are you in? Or, what roads are you close to? I grew up in the ghetto part of the NE side...I hope you aren't there. :lol:

What the hell are you doing NE if you're stationed at Lackland? :lol: Traffic isn't really that bad there, but still. That's a drive.

Sorry....I don't know anything about bike nights. Lori(Skiergirl) would probably know better than any of us. :D

I'm in Valencia, I think. Off Nacodoches a couple miles south of the 1604.

Honestly, we wanted to be closer to Lackland (I have about a 40-minute drive each way), but couldn't find a house we really liked down there. That's part of the reason I'm looking at race take-offs for the bike; it's a lot of freeway travel, and the 636 just gets WAY better gas mileage than my F-150. :lol:

I ride to work as often as possible, but that still only means 1-2 times per week. Between PT schedules and having to haul lots of stuff I can't take on the bike, I end up taking my truck or the wife's Kia a lot. Someday when we have money, I'd like to get a sport-touring rig with some luggage to make the commute easier on my old knees and let me carry more stuff.

For now, though, the wife is still looking for a job, so my salary is what we're living on. That means no new toys for a while, which also means the wife has no bike for now.

TYEster 10-13-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 417548)

Nah we don't go to SA for bike nights. We just don't like going north of the border :lol:

azoomm 10-14-2010 08:10 AM

MotoLiberty has a bike night at Swig North - that's one that I would go to if I were down there. Nathan and Chad run a good ship.

Swig - North
18322 Sonterra Pl., Ste. 101
Stone Oak
San Antonio, TX
210-476-0005

We're all at the track all weekend - you should stop in and say hello!