Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Honda FTW. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2284)

OneSickPsycho 08-20-2008 09:40 PM

Honda FTW.

So my truck was nearing 70k and I figured it was time to put her down... American made, so shit was bound to start fucking up on it... Been budgeting for a while and determined what I could afford... Then I got a promotion.

Saturday I bought an '08 Honda Ridgeline RTL. Loaded, only two options are missing... tow package (towed exactly one trailer, one time behind my old truck in the 3.5 years I owned it) and navigation system (have a GPS already).

I'd take pictures, but Fay is fuckin' everything up currently... I seriously love this fucking rig.

Flame on.

jalaan1 08-20-2008 09:46 PM

congrats.

great vehicle. good choice.

Mr Lefty 08-20-2008 09:52 PM

Honda's a good brand... it'll be reliable no doubt... but I'm still not big on fully IS trucks...

now... stfu and post pics!

marko138 08-20-2008 09:54 PM

Love foreign made Auto's. Run forever. Nice truck...I like them.

Audiomechanic 08-20-2008 09:55 PM

My friend works at a Honda repair shop and has told me that those vehicles don't have many problems at all that he's seen. It's the same power plant and drive train as the Pilot. It's solid. Good choice!

And since you said "flame on," I don't care what anyone says, it ain't a truck. Nice vehicle, solid, and built for a purpose, but being a truck ain't it.

Dnyce 08-20-2008 10:07 PM

"u meet the nicest ppl on/in a honda"

dude, you're fuckin up their slogan

does it have a shovel holder?

Trip 08-20-2008 10:17 PM

Honda is the shit and why I do not own a vehicle that isn't a honda. Plus my bro-in-law is a honda tech and I get all my labor free and parts at cost. :lol:

OneSickPsycho 08-20-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 65289)
"u meet the nicest ppl on/in a honda"

dude, you're fuckin up their slogan

does it have a shovel holder?

No, but it has an underbed TRUNK! complete with drain plug and everything...

And it's correct, it's not really a truck... I think the term is SUT... sport utility truck... It'll do everything I'll even need it to do and more. The Ranger treated me well, but I never really hauled much with it and it only being two passenger sometimes ended up being a pain in the ass...

My only gripe with it is that it's a bit under-powered... Not that it matters for me, but it just leaves my lead foot with something to be desired.

I'm gonna keep it for a real long time, I already decided. Only mod plans so far are to tint the windows and powder coat the wheels black.... of course, I have seen some other pretty trick things done with these trucks that make me scratch my chin... Time will tell.

As for pics, as soon as it stops raining and I have a chance to wash it, pics will be taken and posted... It's supposed to rain for the next several days so there will be a wait.

t-homo 08-20-2008 11:19 PM

Congrats man.

Cutty72 08-20-2008 11:42 PM

Congrats.
Personally, you couldn't give me a Ridgeline... but each to their own. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

So does this mean you're going to keep the 954??