Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   $447 bil (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20108)

RACER X 09-09-2011 09:59 AM

$447 bil

thats a lot of $ to conjure up outta thin air

extend unemplyment out to 3yrs from 2........:td:'

though on my short stint of unemployment (6 mos) i think the federal $ was like $25/wk if that.

Hydrant 09-09-2011 10:09 AM

But it won't cost us anything.

What a crock of shit.

I am starting to compare Hussein Obama to Punxsutawney Phil. Everytime he gets to the podium we get six more months of recession.

Particle Man 09-09-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant (Post 489013)
Everytime he gets to the podium we get six more months of recession.

:lol:

Homeslice 09-09-2011 10:28 AM

Did you notice the Republicans didn't applaud when Obama talked about spending money on schools......Yet they applauded when he talked about spending money on some kind of new job program for vets. But wait, I thought they were against any new spending programs? Oh I forgot, the GOP is programmed to agree with any military-related spending. It makes them appear macho, which helps them get votes from armchair tough guys. So much for Republicans being economic conservatives.

Smittie61984 09-09-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 489010)
thats a lot of $ to conjure up outta thin air

extend unemplyment out to 3yrs from 2........:td:'

though on my short stint of unemployment (6 mos) i think the federal $ was like $25/wk if that.

Hell, if you make $300 a week and get unemployed and make $250 a week. Why the hell would you get a job? And for 3 years? I wish I was "let go" before I went to full time student. That'd get me through my entire bachelor's. Then use money made on the side to fund my graduate schooling. Sucks going to school 4 days a week and working 2-3 days on the weekend.

Homeslice:
The Republicans don't applaud becuase they know any money for education is not meant for the kids. It is meant for the teachers and their unions but more importantly vote buying. Same for the Republicans and the military. Republicans get more military votes so they want to throw the money that way.

OneSickPsycho 09-09-2011 10:54 AM

They should get a bunch of Nintendo DS'...

http://malosactores.files.wordpress....nts_money1.gif

Kaneman 09-09-2011 11:07 AM

You guys understand that unemployment runs out right? Its not a lifetime of riches and fortunes....

RACER X 09-09-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 489030)
Hell, if you make $300 a week and get unemployed and make $250 a week. Why the hell would you get a job? And for 3 years? I wish I was "let go" before I went to full time student. That'd get me through my entire bachelor's. Then use money made on the side to fund my graduate schooling. Sucks going to school 4 days a week and working 2-3 days on the weekend.

well unemployment doesn't work that way.......its graduated, so the less you make normally, the lower your payment, and it goes up as you make more. and there is a cap, and its state specific. TX is a little over $400, washington state $800.....but to get the $400 or $800/wk, my guess is you have to making over $50k a yr.....

and like i said the Federal part of my unemployment $ was like $25/wk

RACER X 09-09-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 489044)
You guys understand that unemployment runs out right? Its not a lifetime of riches and fortunes....

how long should somebody be unemployed from their "career" 1-2-3yrs?

when should they change careers or "go get a job any job" ?

OneSickPsycho 09-09-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 489044)

If they keep extending it, maybe it will be...