Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   San Antonio? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11413)

skiergirl 10-18-2010 05:52 PM

Yeah most of the guys and gals I know in SA don't do the bike night thing....it usually ends up being a lot of people just standing around their bikes in a parking lot or drinking beer or both

The gang I know meets up for hill country rides, track days and MX riding but no bike nights that I know if.

Mikey 10-18-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 417618)
MotoLiberty has a bike night at Swig North - that's one that I would go to if I were down there. Nathan and Chad run a good ship.

Swig - North
18322 Sonterra Pl., Ste. 101
Stone Oak
San Antonio, TX
210-476-0005

We're all at the track all weekend - you should stop in and say hello!

Wish we could have- the weekend was pretty packed. Y'all are down there a lot, right?

azoomm 10-19-2010 06:30 PM

Me? Yes.

Everyone? Nah...

Mikey 10-19-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 418510)
Yeah most of the guys and gals I know in SA don't do the bike night thing....it usually ends up being a lot of people just standing around their bikes in a parking lot or drinking beer or both

That's a rather poor fit for the wife and I, as we both adhere to a strict policy of not combining booze and bikes, which seems to put us in the minority in this country.

Can someone give me a Google map to where the good riding is? I'm thinking the best thing might just be to go out where the riding is, thus ensuring I only run into riders who actually ride their motorcycles, rather than pose like tough guys and admire them over booze at some lame "biker bar".

azoomm 10-20-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 418836)
That's a rather poor fit for the wife and I, as we both adhere to a strict policy of not combining booze and bikes, which seems to put us in the minority in this country.

Can someone give me a Google map to where the good riding is? I'm thinking the best thing might just be to go out where the riding is, thus ensuring I only run into riders who actually ride their motorcycles, rather than pose like tough guys and admire them over booze at some lame "biker bar".

West of SA

Look for cities like Luekenback, Utopia, or roads like 335 - 336 - 337

Mikey 10-20-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 419036)
West of SA

Look for cities like Luekenback, Utopia, or roads like 335 - 336 - 337

I found Utopia, and the map seems to show some interesting stuff out there. It's over two hours from me, so looks like I'll need a weekend to go explore.

fnfalman 10-20-2010 07:08 PM

Go north on I-35 a bit to New Braunsfel and check out the best Aprilia dealership in the USA, possibly even the world.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

skiergirl 10-20-2010 07:09 PM

PR 337 will be your new best friend - I'll PM you a site I'm on in SA that the guys I ride with frequent. They post up weekend rides usually pretty early like 7-8am through hill country so they can get the hell out before the cruisers and bicycle riders clog it all up.

fnfalman 10-21-2010 12:02 AM

What about when you head west a bit and there's a small, private motorcycle museum that was out in the middle of nowhere? The old pop still races in the vintage series.

azoomm 10-21-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 419113)
What about when you head west a bit and there's a small, private motorcycle museum that was out in the middle of nowhere? The old pop still races in the vintage series.

That's in Leakey, TX

One of the best roads... 337 from Vanderpool to Leakey.

I know more of the Austin area for quick rides than I do of San Antonio. SkierGirl will point you in the right direction with those guys.