Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It just be rainin' jobs around here... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9651)

G-Rex 07-28-2009 03:43 PM

It just be rainin' jobs around here...

Well, as I'm sure some of you remember, I quit my previous job about a month and a half ago due to a pain in the ass boss that I had tolerated for far too long.

This afternoon I got a call from one of the companies I interviewed with last week and they offered me the position. It's about as perfect as it could get.

I'll be working in the Oklahoma City office helping to get it established, and they are going to let me transfer to their Austin office in a year when Carolina gets back from deployment.

They have 9 offices from Phoenix to Puerto Rico, 6 of those offices being in Texas. They also are listed on the "Best Engineering Firms to Work For" list for 2007 and 2008.

This is the kind of company I've been looking for. I start next Monday.

I have to spend 2-3 weeks in Austin for paperwork and orientation, so I'll definitely be looking forward to that. :D

pauldun170 07-28-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 248210)
Well, as I'm sure some of you remember, I quit my previous job about a month and a half ago due to a pain in the ass boss that I had tolerated for far too long.

This afternoon I got a call from one of the companies I interviewed with last week and they offered me the position. It's about as perfect as it could get.

I'll be working in the Oklahoma City office helping to get it established, and they are going to let me transfer to their Austin office in a year when Carolina gets back from deployment.

They have 9 offices from Phoenix to Puerto Rico, 6 of those offices being in Texas. They also are listed on the "Best Engineering Firms to Work For" list for 2007 and 2008.

This is the kind of company I've been looking for. I start next Monday.

I have to spend 2-3 weeks in Austin for paperwork and orientation, so I'll definitely be looking forward to that. :D

Cool...

Congrats!

LeeNetworX 07-28-2009 03:47 PM

Woot.

:boobs:

tached1000rr 07-28-2009 04:04 PM

Great, glad you did not just "settle" and continue to put up with the crap you were before. Too many people are too afraid to take that leap of faith sometimes.

JoJoYZF 07-28-2009 04:26 PM

Congrats man. I just applied for two more government jobs this morning so hopefully Ill be joining you and captain with the threads of good news.

tommymac 07-28-2009 04:28 PM

very nice, sounds like everything fell into place for ya.

tom

Tsunami 07-28-2009 05:07 PM

Congrats Tracy! Does this mean you can transfer to Puerto Rico if you wish?

RACER X 07-28-2009 05:30 PM

cool congrats!

neebelung 07-28-2009 06:36 PM

:woot:

congrats!!!!

julie j 07-28-2009 06:37 PM

Congrats!