Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   do you ride like this? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21087)

tommymac 03-15-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 508204)
How long have you been riding and you still don't know motorcycle speedo's are notoriously inaccurate at high speeds? If his speedo so 160's and he hadn't messed with the gearing on his bike, he was probably running high 130's or low 140's. Drop a tooth on the front sprocket or go up any teeth in the rear sprocket and it gets even worse.

Agreed, but given the speed with those cars I doubt he was up that high. Plus the lawyers had to play it up for added shock value to show they got their client all this money.

RACER X 03-15-2012 10:35 AM

Ducati 1098s guages.....

http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/7/K...esIMG_9700.jpg

askmrjesus 03-15-2012 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 508101)

what a crock o shit for lawyers, its obvious, at 1 point he says they were going 160mph, but the speeds they were passing cars was def. not 2x their speed, but if you convert kph to mph, 160kph= 100mph which looks right for the vid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 508117)
according to the lawyer it was MPH. i don't think it was.

Um...:lol:

JC

RACER X 03-15-2012 02:31 PM

UM YEAH, in this day and age, you can push a button and convert to kph, i can on my bike. and it'll also convert the F to C.

Trip 03-15-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 508260)
UM YEAH, in this day and age, you can push a button and convert to kph, i can on my bike. and it'll also convert the F to C.

I know people who have done it for track day vids too. Douchers mainly. I will see if I can find one.

Sixxxxer 03-15-2012 07:53 PM

You do realize that Speed is not accurately portrayed by objects in sight right?

Airplanes for example, They dont look like there going 600 Miles an hour...Whether your IN one or looking at one from the ground.

Same thing in a car...Or on a bike...Speed is not something you can judge with the camera angle of this video.

askmrjesus 03-16-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 508260)

Sigh.

Point being, posting a pic of the gauge reading in MPH, doesn't exactly help your argument.

JC

Sixxxxer 03-16-2012 11:41 PM

I dont know why everyone thinks he wasnt going over 140...Because the Video looks slow?

Do planes look like there flying at 600 MPH?

Amber Lamps 03-17-2012 01:17 AM

Well, I for one can't say that I haven't ridden in a similar manner AND I seem to remember several crazy double line/blind corner passes riding with some of you...:lol: The main problem I have with this guy's behavior, is his willingness to endanger a passenger. Although, I've also done some of that as well.... Oh well, I guess I won't be throwing any stones since I too have engaged in dangerous/idiotic behavior myself. After all, I have a glass house to protect.:wink:

I do agree with OSP about the camera.... Hopefully, it's a GoPro HD.:boobs:

Riceaholic 03-17-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 508404)
Well, I for one can't say that I haven't ridden in a similar manner AND I seem to remember several crazy double line/blind corner passes riding with some of you...:lol: The main problem I have with this guy's behavior, is his willingness to endanger a passenger. Although, I've also done some of that as well.... Oh well, I guess I won't be throwing any stones since I too have engaged in dangerous/idiotic behavior myself. After all, I have a glass house to protect.:wink:

I do agree with OSP about the camera.... Hopefully, it's a GoPro HD.:boobs:

I don't recall any of that...:no: