Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   International Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Honda NC35 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6161)

MikeSP1 02-21-2009 02:16 PM

The Honda NC35

It's a 400cc version of "The Awesome" aka Honda RC45. Anyone know any particulars about it? I'm just curious right now, but in a deadly serious kinda way

With the low speed limits in Japan, my RC51 would never legally see 3rd gear (possibly not even 2nd on work days). So I'm seriously thinking about breaking her down into main assemblies and sending her back to the states where I'll reassemble her the next time I'm there. But I'm looking for something a little more practical for Japan than a 1000cc Vtwin.

PhiSig1071 02-22-2009 08:32 PM

Awesome bike! If you can possibly get it back to the states it'll be worth big bucks. Oh and if you bring it back to the states can I PLEASE take it for a spin? Or at the very least get a picture of myself on it?

was92v 02-22-2009 08:57 PM

The NC30 is definitely on my wish list! I would love to have one.

MikeSP1 02-22-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 169472)
Awesome bike! If you can possibly get it back to the states it'll be worth big bucks. Oh and if you bring it back to the states can I PLEASE take it for a spin? Or at the very least get a picture of myself on it?

When something comes around that I want to do, there is always a way. If I ever make it back to the states, then I'll be in touch. But before I make any promises, I need to track one down first (oh wait, I gotta get back to Japan before that).

Quote:

Originally Posted by was92v (Post 169482)
The NC30 is definitely on my wish list! I would love to have one.

Mine too :drool: I'd love to pick either a NC30 or NC35. Hell, I'll probably try to find both. But what'd be tits is finding a RC30 :drool: (never in my life am I gonna see an RC45)

Dave 02-22-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSP1 (Post 169485)
When something comes around that I want to do, there is always a way. If I ever make it back to the states, then I'll be in touch. But before I make any promises, I need to track one down first (oh wait, I gotta get back to Japan before that).

Mine too :drool: I'd love to pick either a NC30 or NC35. Hell, I'll probably try to find both. But what'd be tits is finding a RC30 :drool: (never in my life am I gonna see an RC45)

i found an nc30 wearing repsol plastics driving around in philly one day. dude even let me sit on it. tiny little bike and crazy light. wish i had had some spare cash lying around i woulda hit the guy with an offer immediately.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9081022_02.jpg

MikeSP1 02-23-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 169507)
i found an nc30 wearing repsol plastics driving around in philly one day. dude even let me sit on it. tiny little bike and crazy light. wish i had had some spare cash lying around i woulda hit the guy with an offer immediately.

There's probably no way he'd ever sell that little thing, but gorgeous it is.

I've got the RC51, a VTX1300, and I weigh a grand total of 135. I'm a midget astride monsters. And the monster I've got in Japan has some VERY long legs, I feel very sorry for the guys that brought their Hayabusas here. If I'm afraid of not getting out of second, I can't imagine that beast getting out of second.

But I'd like to smaller bike out here that I'm not gonna need to worry about. Something that can do 40kph without a care and can do 200 kph without a problem, hence my search for the NC30/35. But what I'm curious about now is something that I need to keep an eye out for i.e. "buyers beware"

Dave 02-23-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSP1 (Post 169626)
There's probably no way he'd ever sell that little thing, but gorgeous it is.

I've got the RC51, a VTX1300, and I weigh a grand total of 135. I'm a midget astride monsters. And the monster I've got in Japan has some VERY long legs, I feel very sorry for the guys that brought their Hayabusas here. If I'm afraid of not getting out of second, I can't imagine that beast getting out of second.

But I'd like to smaller bike out here that I'm not gonna need to worry about. Something that can do 40kph without a care and can do 200 kph without a problem, hence my search for the NC30/35. But what I'm curious about now is something that I need to keep an eye out for i.e. "buyers beware"

he actually said he was looking to for around 5k. claimed parts sourcing and wear and tear of it being his daily. also said his bro had an rgv250! anyway the best place to spot titled grey market bikes in the states is http://raresportbikesforsale.com/ or use a craigslist search client.

say, ever thought of a cbr250rr?? those suckers SCREAM. 20k redline stock and its a 4 stroke so easy on the maint

Leon 02-23-2009 09:11 AM

I owned a NC30 for a bit. Fun little bike, but it had no title and parts were just about impossible to find locally. I sold it to a guy from north FL for 6k.

MikeSP1 02-23-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 169663)
I owned a NC30 for a bit. Fun little bike, but it had no title and parts were just about impossible to find locally. I sold it to a guy from north FL for 6k.

So you had one?! I think parts may be a little easier for me to find out here. Do you remember it having any issues?

MikeSP1 02-23-2009 10:20 AM

If I can find a 250rr, then I'll see about picking it up. But the RC and NCs come first.