Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New MSF advocate. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16518)

azoomm 09-29-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 412616)
Well....three years riding in OHIO doesn't allow for the best cornering experience does it.:boobs: But....I'm guessing in the midwest the range of racer talent is much more broad than say in CA because we can ride year round and in canyons.

Yeah, Texans have just natural talent.... Polen, Schwantz, Spies, Edwards, etc etc etc

:lol:

As far as the msf is concerned, I'm a big fan of education. I'm a bigger fan of practicing that education in a controlled environment.

Porkchop 09-29-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 412616)
Well....three years riding in OHIO doesn't allow for the best cornering experience does it.:boobs: But....I'm guessing in the midwest the range of racer talent is much more broad than say in CA because we can ride year round and in canyons.

You'd be surprised... get in the southeastern part of Ohio and you are getting into the foothills of the appalatians....

When I lived in Newark in the eastern half of the state there were already some monster backroads.

fnfalman 09-29-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 412668)
Yeah, Texans have just natural talent.... Polen, Schwantz, Spies, Edwards, etc etc etc

:lol:

Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Eddie Lawson, Jake Zemke, etc. Californian racers rules!!!

azoomm 09-29-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 412862)
Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Eddie Lawson, Jake Zemke, etc. Californian racers rules!!!

My point, canyons aren't what built racers....

fnfalman 09-30-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 412869)
My point, canyons aren't what built racers....

My point is that Texas doesn't have a monopoly on turning out racers...

azoomm 09-30-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 412990)
My point is that Texas doesn't have a monopoly on turning out racers...

Yeah, well.... where are your local heros?

We do have the best dealers in the US.

fnfalman 09-30-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 413047)
Yeah, well.... where are your local heros?

We do have the best dealers in the US.

You have ONE best dealer in the US - AF1 Racing for Aprilia.

California has San Jose BMW. You know, the BMW dealership that actually raced the bikes and were even competitive.

Amauri Nunez, one of the mechanics that used to work Aprilia Supermoto racing team, is at Long Beach Aprilia. Not as good as AF1 because they don't have the resources as AF1 but Amauri is as good as Micah if not better.

Pro Italia handles Ducati and MV Agusta.

Hell, even the best Hardly-Ableson dealership is in California: Bartel's. Last I heard Shawn Higbee rides for them. You know, the Shawn Higbee that Erik Buell mentioned by name.

California rules!!!

Trip 09-30-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 412668)

I am not a Tennessean, therefore, Spies is not a Texan. No matter what he might think.

lauralynne 09-30-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 412614)
Yeah but you have to admit though you are not the norm. Damn Betty Spies :redflip

LOL - thanks for the laugh.

Nope - not the norm in ANY way...that's me.

Proving the impossible possible.