Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why no Harley squids? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19903)

racedoll 08-13-2011 09:08 PM

Why no Harley squids?

Why do harley riders not get called squids? 98% of them around this area never wear gear/helmets. Do this on a sportbike and you are a squid. :shrug:

Tmall 08-13-2011 09:19 PM

Because they're called fags?

Corey 08-13-2011 09:28 PM

I thought squid was more about stupid shit someone did while riding rather than gear, like stunting in traffic.

Mikey 08-13-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 485426)
Why do harley riders not get called squids? 98% of them around this area never wear gear/helmets. Do this on a sportbike and you are a squid. :shrug:

Sportbike riders wear gear because it is functional. Things like jackets, boots, and full-face helmets are all there for a very real purpose.

Harley riders, by and large, are posers and accountants with a mid-life crisis that cruise really slowly to the local "bike night" and back once a week. Their life is all about image and rugged individuality, which is why they all dress like a bunch of gay pirates.

When asked if I ride a Harley, I always reply that I'm not old enough to ride one yet.

I'm 50.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 485432)
Their life is all about image and rugged individuality, which is why they all dress like a bunch of gay pirates.

Hilarious, because it's accurate.

jtemple 08-14-2011 10:22 AM

The harley riders I know are older guys that insist everything must be 'merican and a harley is the only "real" bike. They don't know what the term "squid" means.

azoomm 08-14-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 485432)
Sportbike riders wear gear because it is functional. Things like jackets, boots, and full-face helmets are all there for a very real purpose.

Harley riders, by and large, are posers and accountants with a mid-life crisis that cruise really slowly to the local "bike night" and back once a week. Their life is all about image and rugged individuality, which is why they all dress like a bunch of gay pirates.

Interesting take on it.

I will say this - Harley has the market saturated. And, although they have more riders that go without protective gear, they also have more riders that are willing to get out there and ride. After going across the country, there are more riders out there on the open road on Harley Davidson's than any other bike.

Sportbikes say they ride. Bullshit, Harley riders do ride the fuck out of those bikes....

Sixxxxer 08-14-2011 02:12 PM

Well not everyone can be Jared and Log a Million miles on a sportbike...But We sure as fuck can try!

I get "Oh when are you gonna get a real bike" all the time...I usually reply with I didnt know it was fake?

Homeslice 08-14-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 485429)
Because they're called fags?

:lmao: