Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What cars have you recently rented? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4238)

Homeslice 12-12-2008 07:15 PM

Wow, I can't think of a shittier looking car. And people wonder why GM is in trouble?

LeeNetworX 12-13-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 125982)
Felt the same way about the Caliber. Never understood the appeal of a car with 12-inch thick pillars.

Not to mention the small and short front windshield is placed a good 3' from the driver's eyes. It felt like I was driving a house.

FT BSTRD 12-14-2008 02:38 PM

Rented a Ford Escape last week. It had about 31,000 miles on it.

When I ran over bumps, there was some sort of low dull rattle like 6lbs of rubber flapping around the chassis.

The transmission was awful. If you tried to accelerate, backed off, and then tried to take up the slack, it felt like you were smacking the drivetrain with a hammer.

The interior wasn't bad. The seating positon was comfortable. It was a little thirsty.

I hated the Ford Fusion that I drove.

Particle Man 12-14-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 126249)
Not to mention the small and short front windshield is placed a good 3' from the driver's eyes. It felt like I was driving a house.

the only car I've ever driven with worse blind spots: Toyota Avalon Convertable. Talk about blind spots on wheels.

Unfortunately, it was in the middle of February in Minneapolis so there was no putting the top down :lol:

And when I rent from National in ATL I can pick which car I want... thing is, sometimes, they just have shit left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 126736)
Rented a Ford Escape last week. It had about 31,000 miles on it.

When I ran over bumps, there was some sort of low dull rattle like 6lbs of rubber flapping around the chassis.

The transmission was awful. If you tried to accelerate, backed off, and then tried to take up the slack, it felt like you were smacking the drivetrain with a hammer.

The interior wasn't bad. The seating positon was comfortable. It was a little thirsty.

I hated the Ford Fusion that I drove.

Had a Mercury Mariner about 4 weeks ago... around 19k on it. Sounds like exactly the same experience you had with the Escape.

Cutty72 12-14-2008 08:51 PM

worst car for blind spots
Dodge Magnum.

FT BSTRD 12-14-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 126880)
worst car for blind spots
Dodge Magnum.

Ever driven the Toyota FJ Cruiser?

Holy shit, that thing is awful for blind spots. The windows behind the driver look full size, but from the inside, they are portholes.

It's a lot like an H2. You feel like you need to yell out the window "hard to starboard, coming about!"

Homeslice 12-15-2008 07:41 AM

At least with the FJ you've got something that looks cool. With the Charger, well, it looks like you might have picked it up at Hertz.

LeeNetworX 12-15-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 126909)
Ever driven the Toyota FJ Cruiser?

Holy shit, that thing is awful for blind spots. The windows behind the driver look full size, but from the inside, they are portholes.

It's a lot like an H2. You feel like you need to yell out the window "hard to starboard, coming about!"

They gave me an FJ last month when I was in FTL. I liked it, and while the hood was high and deep (in respect from the driving position) which required more effort to park than I'm used to, I didn't think the cargo-area blind spots were that bad. :idk: I didn't care for the rear glass, however...it produced distortions in the view. Overall, it was still a fun vehicle to drive.

Mr Lefty 12-15-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 127181)
They gave me an FJ last month when I was in FTL. I liked it, and while the hood was high and deep (in respect from the driving position) which required more effort to park than I'm used to, I didn't think the cargo-area blind spots were that bad. :idk: I didn't care for the rear glass, however...it produced distortions in the view. Overall, it was still a fun vehicle to drive.

Yeah I really liked the FJ until I drove it... going from my truck and from a brand new Tacoma... I just couldn't see buying one... I couldn't see for shit out the rear window... and even less when try'n to look over your shoulder...

byron12 12-16-2008 02:36 AM

In defense of the cobalt; it is a pretty damn succesful road racing car. Class championships in grand am cup and showroom stock c at the SCCA runoffs.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...k_cobalt_1.jpg