Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Bowl games (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17782)

tommymac 01-02-2011 08:00 AM

Bowl games

is it me or do they seem prety lame this year. been a lot of blowouts it seems. The rose bowl was a good game to watch. def gives tcu some credibility hanging on and beating an established team.

tached1000rr 01-02-2011 10:46 AM

The UNC vs Tennessee game was good also...

tommymac 01-02-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 438361)
The UNC vs Tennessee game was good also...

saw the highlights of that, that was a crazy ending.

tached1000rr 01-02-2011 12:51 PM

So who's your pick between Auburn and Oregon?

tommymac 01-02-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 438385)
So who's your pick between Auburn and Oregon?

I would prefer to see oregon win it but I think auburn will win it.

tached1000rr 01-02-2011 01:50 PM

Michigan and Michigan State got whupped!

TCU vs Wisconsin was able to keep my attention

Now that I think of it, the Big 10 has not fared so well in bowl games this year with the exception of my alma mater Illinois:lol

Porkchop 01-02-2011 02:47 PM

Big ten has sucked so far. Does not bode well for my buckeyes. Gotta hand it to tcu... They showed up...

z06boy 01-03-2011 10:38 AM

The ending of the UT/UNC sucked for some but others liked it. :lol: I live in NC but am a UT fan. :idk:

The SEC lost all 3 of their first 3 games but made a comeback Saturday winning 3 out of 3.

The Big 10...sucked big time on Saturday losing all 5 games !!

The Rose Bowl was awesome I thought...I want some type of a playoff so I want the BCS busted and TCU came thru !! :rockwoot:

Auburn and Oregon 'should' be an awesome game...I do think Auburn will win it BUT they should have to play TCU for it all but as we know...that can't happen.

I wonder if VT can hang with Stanford tonight...I hope so.

tallywacker 01-03-2011 12:41 PM

IMO all bowl games suck because they only prove which teams get the best ratings. Popularity contest instead of a sports matchup

Porkchop 01-03-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 438638)
The ending of the UT/UNC sucked for some but others liked it. :lol: I live in NC but am a UT fan. :idk:

The SEC lost all 3 of their first 3 games but made a comeback Saturday winning 3 out of 3.

The Big 10...sucked big time on Saturday losing all 5 games !!

The Rose Bowl was awesome I thought...I want some type of a playoff so I want the BCS busted and TCU came thru !! :rockwoot:

Auburn and Oregon 'should' be an awesome game...I do think Auburn will win it BUT they should have to play TCU for it all but as we know...that can't happen.

I wonder if VT can hang with Stanford tonight...I hope so.

I think Auburn will roll. Everybody is underestimating that SEC defense with the task of stopping the oregon offense. It is a better defense than they saw all year long in the pac ten. Just think back to last year. Oregon is the same exact team just with a change in qb name. An ohio state team that was exactly the same as this year stopped them flat on their face, and auburn is a BETTER team all around than that osu team. I think auburn stuffs the run game early and forces some passing turnovers. Cam throws for a couple tds. Oregon didn't scare me last year sand they don't scare me this year, they should have lost to a floundering Cal.

Stanford should run the ball down VTs throat. They should win easily.

I think the osu/ak game should be interesting. I think the sec curse continues and the ex-Michigan man Mallet will lead a last minute td drive against my buckeyes... ala texas in 2008.