Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Models (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5419)

marko138 01-22-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 152079)
:lol: I don't HATE Buells, I just don't wanna own one after the test ride I had on one.

I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.

neebelung 01-22-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 152095)
I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.

And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally). :shrug:

marko138 01-22-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 152102)
And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally). :shrug:

Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.

Mr Lefty 01-22-2009 10:33 PM

could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...

I can't relate in bikes as I've got limited seat time on bikes other than my own (even then 8000 miles is still not very much)

but when I graduated I wanted a Ford Bronco... full size... lifted ect... things looked awesome... but when I got in and drove one... (after I bought it actually :lol: long story) I FUCKING HATED IT... damn thing was 10 miles wide... and I've ridden jet ski's that had more responsive stearing!

I ended up selling it to a friend for what I paid for it... he loves it... thing was great for him... just not what I liked... still think they look bad ass though... :idk:

PhiSig1071 01-22-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 152102)

:scratch:

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.

JoJoYZF 01-22-2009 10:36 PM

Yamaha also has the new yzf600 replacement, cant remember what theyre calling it though.

And even though Im not crazy about the looks, I cant wait to see how the new lighter more powerful zx6 compares in the middleweight class.

Mr Lefty 01-22-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 152114)

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.

I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... :idk: guess I'll just have to try it first...

PhiSig1071 01-22-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 152125)
I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... :idk: guess I'll just have to try it first...

Anytime you make it to Jax (oh and the KTM is running right!) you're welcome to take mine for a spin!

:lol

Just be easy on the clutch, they're a LOT more wheelie prone than the ol ZZR! :zowned:

neebelung 01-22-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 152106)
Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.

All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 152113)
could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...

Also very possible. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 152114)

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.

PhiSig1071 01-22-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 152129)

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.

Yeah, the KTM does that too, except it's a higher pitch, it feels like your feet aren't even on the pegs sometimes!

:lol