Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone Else Watching The Suzuki Cup? Spoiler (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7401)

Amber Lamps 04-12-2009 05:56 PM

Anyone Else Watching The Suzuki Cup? Spoiler

Man,I'm a huge Suzuki fan but AMA Superbike is almost unwatchable. Mat Mlladin winning by 15+ seconds and with a 1.6 sec faster pole time. Not to mention Suzuki's 50 consecutive AMA Superbike wins and 1st thru 5th Suzuki. Yikes!

tached1000rr 04-12-2009 07:06 PM

Well, they wanted to even things up with rule changes (rules must not apply to some), but if you noticed say from 3-8 position the racing is good and those bikes look on par with each other, but I still have to question Yoshimura (being that much better). Reminds me of the Ducati's elsewhere:whistle:

Amber Lamps 04-12-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 195836)
Well, they wanted to even things up with rule changes (rules must not apply to some), but if you noticed say from 3-8 position the racing is good and those bikes look on par with each other, but I still have to question Yoshimura (being that much better). Reminds me of the Ducati's elsewhere:whistle:

Yea,I don't think they're cheating. Besides,Ducati is running last year's WSB bike and they are still losing.

tached1000rr 04-12-2009 07:20 PM

I don't want to say cheating either, cause I'm always that person who wants to reward those who are able to step it up a notch and be ahead of the competition and just because everyone hasn't put those kind of runs together means to just have to step their games up!

Ducati Diva 04-12-2009 11:23 PM

Was there Sat/Sun and it kinda sucked. There was no race. Now the other two races were cool. The younger group (Sorry haven't got all the new classes memorized right. I still want to call 'em red bull:lol:) rocked!! Those guys ride all out and do some serious racing.

tommymac 04-13-2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 195839)
Yea,I don't think they're cheating. Besides,Ducati is running last year's WSB bike and they are still losing.

Couple of years back superbike was all ducatis though, after the factory team the top guys were guys running the previous years bike. I also think the talent pool is a bit diluted as well. What I would be curious of is suzuki dominant in other superbike races ie canada, england, germany etc....

Tom

Papa_Complex 04-13-2009 07:32 AM

Since the AMA coverage is now almost as bad as Parts Canada Superbike's, I'm not bothering to watch any of the races. It certainly isn't the "Suzuki Cup" aspect that has me ignoring it though. You put the best rider (and Mladin is that, whether you like him or not) on the best bike, and you're going to see win after win.

Amber Lamps 04-13-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 196005)
Since the AMA coverage is now almost as bad as Parts Canada Superbike's, I'm not bothering to watch any of the races. It certainly isn't the "Suzuki Cup" aspect that has me ignoring it though. You put the best rider (and Mladin is that, whether you like him or not) on the best bike, and you're going to see win after win.

Well,I can't argue with that! Besides,if they're "cheating",they must be masters of it considering that they have won 50 consecutive races.