Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How many miles this year on your bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22499)

Trip 12-06-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 532747)
I'll probably win with the lowest mileage. I moved my ZR1100 out of the garage twice so about 40 feet is it for this year.

Tore a tendon off in my shoulder in the beginning of March, surgery in May and just had surgery again Nov 22 .

Next year :rockwoot:

How many miles and any great experiences you want to share?

Fuck you beat me. I think I rode to work twice this year. That's all the miles I have on any bike this year.

Fiddy may be sold this weekend.

I really need a moto trip next year. My hand is fully healed, just haven't had the desire to ride.

G-Rex 12-06-2013 01:07 PM

I managed about 10k this year, pretty evenly split between the BMW and the Hayabusa. The TLR didn't leave the garage. :td:

Next year might be one for the books though. I'm thinkin' about a western European tour.

Along with that, I'm also contemplating if I realllllllly want to go to Prudhoe Bay again. I'm thinking about it anyway. Now that I have Dalton experience, I want to go do it again now that I know what to expect. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Cutty72 12-06-2013 08:57 PM

Damn, by the sounds of it this forum should soon be called "used to get a two wheel fix"
:lol:

dReWpY 12-06-2013 10:38 PM

We haven't had a huge influx of new riders in awhile.

Archren 12-08-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 532802)
Damn, by the sounds of it this forum should soon be called "used to get a two wheel fix"
:lol:

Right? :lol: I've considered selling the 1098 because I feel so guilty for never riding it. But then I think about the potential for it to end up in the hands of an idiot rider that will wad it within a month of owning it, and I decide it's better off safe and sound in my garage. I figure once my school commitment starts winding down, I'll have more free time to start riding on a regular basis again.

RedRider2k2 12-08-2013 01:57 PM

~5,000 miles on the 12R
~1,900 miles on the KLX. 50/50 on and off road. (Owned it for about 2.5 Months before going away for the Winter)
~600 Miles on the 250R (GF put another 2,500 or so on it)

Cutty72 12-08-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 532808)
Right? :lol: I've considered selling the 1098 because I feel so guilty for never riding it. But then I think about the potential for it to end up in the hands of an idiot rider that will wad it within a month of owning it, and I decide it's better off safe and sound in my garage. I figure once my school commitment starts winding down, I'll have more free time to start riding on a regular basis again.

$100, delivered.

Archren 12-09-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 532811)
$100, delivered.

Hahahahaha... nope.

azoomm 12-09-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 532792)
I managed about 10k this year, pretty evenly split between the BMW and the Hayabusa. The TLR didn't leave the garage. :td:

Next year might be one for the books though. I'm thinkin' about a western European tour.

Along with that, I'm also contemplating if I realllllllly want to go to Prudhoe Bay again. I'm thinking about it anyway. Now that I have Dalton experience, I want to go do it again now that I know what to expect. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm with you at about 11K between bikes.

I followed your Alaska trip, and can't believe you want to do it again. Same bike?

Cari, I'd be happy to put miles on your bike for you. Hell we should probably just plan a weekend where you ride it to my place and stay for the weekend riding around by my house.

G-Rex 12-10-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 532821)
I followed your Alaska trip, and can't believe you want to do it again. Same bike?

Hell. No! :lol

I sold that KLR back to the guy I bought it from exactly 8 days after I returned from Prudhoe Bay. I basically rented it for a year and put 10k on it. :D

This time, I'll do it on a bike that I feel is more suited to the task. I am *casually* shopping for a GS, but I'm not in any big hurry. It will have to be the super crazy Tracy deal I'm used to getting. I have other things on my plate right now and the GS isn't at the top of the list. Yet.