Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Planning a Spring Stable CHange, Ducati, Aprillia orr ? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19611)

nhgunnut 07-03-2011 12:11 PM

Planning a Spring Stable CHange, Ducati, Aprillia orr ?

OK so I am at the VERY Beginning stages of planing a change in my stable change. After 2 years with my B King, I have come to the following conclusion, it is great bike and a lot of fun to ride. At the same time it is very much like my Busa. I am thinking of trading it in the spring. My top contenders at the Moment are the Aprillia Tuono V4 r and the Ducati Streetfighter I am open to other suggestions and please feel free to educate me ( Please not rant. I want light weight plenty or low end torque and a upright seating positions. Also Under Consideration are the 1200 DORSODURO and the Hypermotard. what are folks experiences with either brand and other ideas.

Trip 07-03-2011 12:18 PM

I wouldn't classify any of those as "lightweights"

I would go with the dorsoduro out of those though.

Particle Man 07-03-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 479551)
I wouldn't classify any of those as "lightweights".

what he said. That's like going from a big stick to a, er, big stick.

Dave 07-03-2011 02:23 PM

Dorso, closely followed by the tuono

nhgunnut 07-03-2011 02:59 PM

While I take the point that there are lighter bikes, Because of my size I want to stay in the 1 liter class (If you think any of the spaghetti benders are heavy then the B King is Mammoth) I looked at thte speed tripple but it heavier than any of the Ducati s or Aprillia . Having owned a 999 I know that the Ducati Chassis is great the drive train is great. Ideally I want the the nimble nature of the 999 and the HP of the Busa. All without the Superbike Tuck that at my age, make a superbike something I want to ride for no more than an hour or two at time.

tallywacker 07-03-2011 06:05 PM

I have a Hyper and like it. Keep in mind its a tall bike and requires a tall rider to go with it. I liked the raw air cooled Duc motor after test riding both it and the Dursoduro.

Curb 07-03-2011 11:30 PM

You should look into the new Speed Triple. They gave it a little more horsepower this year, its still underpowered in my opinion at 135bhp, up 5 from the 2010 model. But it still has a great low and mid range and won't disappoint in any aspect that you are looking for. If you have a Triumph dealer near you go in and see if they have a demo you can test ride, you'll be glad you did.

Rangerscott 07-03-2011 11:39 PM

I've watch and read a lot of reviews on the V4r. A good bike but a lot of complaints on seating position.

nhgunnut 07-04-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 479688)
I've watch and read a lot of reviews on the V4r. A good bike but a lot of complaints on seating position.

What I am finding interesting is that Tuono V4 is not showing as available in any of the dealers. I will be test riding what ever I buy and the Aprillia sealers here are a bit Hesitant. Ducati dealers on the other hand are quite anxious for me to come in and try the streetfiighter even offering me a left over Demo bike for $12.5k The FZ1 is appealing but heavier and the New Kawasaki naked has some appeal to me as well. Like most people I have to work to a Budget

Porkchop 07-04-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 479549)
OK so I am at the VERY Beginning stages of planing a change in my stable change. After 2 years with my B King, I have come to the following conclusion, it is great bike and a lot of fun to ride. At the same time it is very much like my Busa. I am thinking of trading it in the spring. My top contenders at the Moment are the Aprillia Tuono V4 r and the Ducati Streetfighter I am open to other suggestions and please feel free to educate me ( Please not rant. I want light weight plenty or low end torque and a upright seating positions. Also Under Consideration are the 1200 DORSODURO and the Hypermotard. what are folks experiences with either brand and other ideas.

Those two dont go together. A guy in our area has one, and I wouldnt call it upright. The streetfighter has a pretty commited seating position. Not 1098 torture rack mind you.

http://www.motorcycle.com/images/con...w/4duc1112.jpg