Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trip, phone ? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21770)

Porkchop 09-23-2012 11:58 PM

Trip, phone ?

I ran into the Verizon bullshit where I wasn't elligible for an upgrade until the start of August, so now I would lose my unlimited if I would upgrade. I was still on 3G, so I recently picked up a slightly used Bionic from a friend that owed me some cash. Only problem... the phone is still rocking GB, when much cheaper phones have already gone to ICS. I know Verizon promised ICS by the end of Q3, which gives me 1 more week. I know they are already promising JB, but who knows how long thats gonna be since they've been promising ICS for half a year now.

My question is, is the Jellybean build stable enough to go to? Would you say wait until I officially get ICS before going to JB, or am I good to just go straight to the JB build.

derf 09-24-2012 12:13 AM

I have the galaxy nexus, straight from google. It runs Jelly bean and I have had fewer crashes on it than I did with ICS. Jelly Bean is very stable.

-Typed on a phone using Jelly Bean

Trip 09-24-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 520186)
I have the galaxy nexus, straight from google. It runs Jelly bean and I have had fewer crashes on it than I did with ICS. Jelly Bean is very stable.

-Typed on a phone using Jelly Bean

Depends on the phone though, jelly bean works awesome on nexus phones, I would lurk Xda for your phone to see what's the best rom.

Porkchop 09-24-2012 02:57 PM

Well ain't this some shit. Fuckin Motorola and Verizon..... :bash:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09...pdate-delayed/

Quote:

Just a day after the company told owners of the Droid Bionic that they got a raw deal with Ice Cream Sandwich, the company updated its Ice Cream Sandwich timeline. The timeline now shows the Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich update coming in Q4 and not early Q3 or Q3 as was previously announced.

derf 09-24-2012 06:12 PM

I dont believe any update is coming for any android phone, I'm on my 4th one now, and the last 3 never got updated from the carrier even though it was promised

Trip 09-24-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 520214)
I dont believe any update is coming for any android phone, I'm on my 4th one now, and the last 3 never got updated from the carrier even though it was promised

The carriers fuck us over. Especially Verizon. That's one thing Apple has gotten right, they have told the carriers to fuck off.

Porkchop 09-24-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 520214)

The rumor going around is Verizon has denied 2 submitted builds from Moto. And that they are using this in hope that enough prople abandon their old phones. One, by purchasing a phone outright... or more importantly, by upgrading and losing thier unlimited data. Either way its a win win for Verizon, they are moving phones, or eliminating unlimited accounts. To them, the Bionic is dead. I think it is shady as shit. I will never again upgrade with Verizon. I will buy phones off craigslist or look into moving carriers. A galaxy S3 is looking more and more enticing on T-mo....

Sixxxxer 09-24-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 520220)
The rumor going around is Verizon has denied 2 submitted builds from Moto. And that they are using this in hope that enough prople abandon their old phones. One, by purchasing a phone outright... or more importantly, by upgrading and losing thier unlimited data. Either way its a win win for Verizon, they are moving phones, or eliminating unlimited accounts. To them, the Bionic is dead. I think it is shady as shit. I will never again upgrade with Verizon. I will buy phones off craigslist or look into moving carriers. A galaxy S3 is looking more and more enticing on T-mo....

Amen, Fuck them...Dumb ass company.

As to T Mobile...I think there the shittiest of the 4.

But that's just me.

derf 09-24-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 520220)

I love my Tmobile service. Unlimited data, lower cost, pretty fast speeds. Not as fast as Verizon but pretty damn good.

I think from now on I am going to buy last years better model for 1/2 the price and just be happy with it

EpyonXero 09-24-2012 09:39 PM

I also have the Bionic and unlimited data. As shady as Verizon is theyre service is still the best around here, I wish I could go to Sprint or TMobile but that would be a serious downgrade. But Im definitely not taking the upgrade discount as long as I still have my unlimited data, I used almost 5GB last month. Also, my next phone wil be a Nexus, Im tired of being two OS's behind.