Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dry Cleaning? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9326)

shmike 07-15-2009 10:42 AM

Dry Cleaning?

For those of you that have your work clothes cleaned at the cleaners: what do you pay?

I like my cleaners, they do a good job, they know me and I have been going there for a few years.

However, it seems like my bill has been steadily increasing. I think I need to start price shopping.

I'm paying:
$2.40 for shirts
$5.95 for pants
$13.95 for suits

$10-ish for wife's dresses.

What do you pay?

Homeslice 07-15-2009 10:46 AM

Damn, 2.95 for shirts? I assume you get these picked up & delivered and that they are adding a premium for that service. Because around here, the average is only 1.50 for shirts.

shmike 07-15-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 241501)
Damn, 2.95 for shirts? I assume you get these picked up & delivered and that they are adding a premium for that. Because even around here, the average is only 1.50

Nope. I drop them off.

I just called, I'm actually paying only $2.40 for shirts.

They are in a prime location right on the way to the beach. I'm sure that accounts for part of the premium but how much is justifiable?

I've seen a few places around that advertise $1.25 but they are all in the ghetto.

Particle Man 07-15-2009 11:23 AM

It's about 9 bucks per suit.

Shirts are a couple bucks.

LeeNetworX 07-15-2009 11:36 AM

$4.95 for pants

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get the creases in pants as perfect as they do at the cleaners. That's pretty much all we use them for - we iron most things ourselves. I wear t-shirts or polos to work most days, so I don't need to iron much, usually.

shmike 07-15-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 241547)
$4.95 for pants

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get the creases in pants as perfect as they do at the cleaners. That's pretty much all we use them for - we iron most things ourselves. I wear t-shirts or polos to work most days, so I don't need to iron much, usually.

That is good to hear.

Apparently I'm not getting raped too bad on the pants.

Shirts are a killer though. At 5 shirts a week, it would be worthwhile to save a buck per.

With the wife working it really adds up.

Trip 07-15-2009 12:00 PM

nothing, field work ftmfw. never have to wear ties or suits, it's nice. Hell I wear a t-shirt/jeans/hat most days. The corporate engineers dress up though.

Particle Man 07-15-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 241552)
That is good to hear.

Apparently I'm not getting raped too bad on the pants.

Shirts are a killer though. At 5 shirts a week, it would be worthwhile to save a buck per.

With the wife working it really adds up.

I rarely bring shirts into the cleaners these days for that reason. I buy shirts from Nordstrom that stand up pretty well to wrinkles and such.

Homeslice 07-15-2009 12:41 PM

Trouble with wrinkle-free shirts is that most of em still need a touch-up from a steamer

HurricaneHeather 07-15-2009 12:47 PM

When I am shopping, if it says dry clean only it gets put back on the shelf. I don't like high maintenance clothes.

But I'm a girl and I can get a way with that. :shrug: