Thread: Buell 1125CR
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
The ZTL sucks compared to a conventional brake. It's bonus is weight reduction.

I'm far from impressed with it's stopping power. But, I'll settle because it turns in so well.

Do you still have stock pads on? Switch them out to something a little better and I bet your complaints go away. I'm currently running Lyndall Gold pads. They are nice...but not up to track duty from what I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
seems no one actually knows what the pods purpose is...

They are NOT air intakes. The ram air duct is centered between the forks and goes up through the airbox (which is where the gas tank is on a Jap bike) and it is ineffective at speeds under 80 mph. Mine is never effective, as I removed my inner airbox cover, so it will never pressurize at any speed.

The pods have 2 purposes.
1. direct air over the parallel mounted radiators (one on each side)
2. Act as frame sliders. They will take the hit when the bike drops, saving the frame. and they are cheap to replace at ~$55/each.

here is a pic of what is under the pod.

People don't know whats under them b/c they just wanna talk shit about its looks and not actually find out any hard facts on the bike....or Buell in general.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote