View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #38
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

I took the course about two years ago, paid about $250. During the call I made to sign up, the lady said its only $20 if your under 18! Two weekends, about 8 hours each day. One day in class, the other 3 on the course. Motorcycles, old 250cc cruisers, were provided. Helmets were available, but you had to wear a plastic hair net. Long sleeve shirt, jeans, ankle boots and gloves that covered the fingers. Very good experience.

We only had one guy get sent home. He dropped the bike during one of the maneuvers, they worked with him during break, but I guess he wasn’t getting it.

Everything that is on the riding test is what they teach, no surprises. The hardest part for me was the low speed figure eight. Had to put my foot down (better than dropping the bike). I believe a dropped bike during the test = fail.

Have fun, don’t try to be better than anyone out there, don’t register in the same class as a friend/sig other.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote