View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
i dont know whether its relevant or not but when I took the course, being a miltary dependent, the bases provide it free of charge and I beleive the instructors for our classes do it on a volunteer basis, both military instructors and civilians. So there is no money being made. The closest one if you arent military is more than an hour away and costs $300 and is split up over 2-3 weekends (i know its def at least 2).

Either way, even if i'd had to pay for it, I still would have taken it merely for the skills and knowledge I learned. There have been several instances in which I have used my knowledge from MSF without even consciously thinking about it and saved myself from serious wreckage...its worth whatever you pay to save your ass if needed!!
Oh me too! I would have at least taken it for the ins discount if nothing else and I think you're right,it was free and the instructors were volunteers. They must have really felt it was important to donate their time that way! Too bad everyone isn't as committed to the cause of motorcycle safety!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote