View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
Hey it's a business just like any other business in this world. Sure there is money to be made, but alot more goes into it then most people see. Just like any other business.

It's only a part time job for me. I have a full time job during the week. I think we should get credit for giving up our weekends to train people who want to get into this sport.

It doesn't make me or anyone else rich. We do it because we are passionate about motorcycles and we enjoy seeing people learn and grow throught the weekend. In the 20 + hours I work during a weekend coaching, my pay comes out to about $8 an hour after putting gas in my truck and buying lunch. Not that i'm complaining at all. I absolutly love it. If I could do it full time I would. If I could do it for free, I would. Because it's a fun and rewarding job. How many other people in this world can say that?

As far as the military instructors being volunteers. They sure are when they work on base. But guess what, they are still getting paid by the military. So it's not like they are working for free.

Not to mention, most of them also work at private schools, just like the one I work at on weekends. They still have to be sponsored and go through the range aid process. They get paid when they work off base, just like I do. The reason they work on base is it gets them out of their regular job while they are coaching a class. We have 2 Navy instructors that currently work with us. We have had instructors in the past who were in the army, marines, and air force. It's the same for all of them.
Umm Rae's was retired military but anyway,I actualy appreciate what you do! Not everyone has the patience to stand out in the heat and try to teach someone who can barely walk and chew gum at the same time how to ride a motorcycle! I'm mostly ribbing you now! I've belonged to Big Brothers/Big Sisters and I tell ya if it weren't for the milfs of loose morals,there wouldn't have been any benefits to doing it!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote