View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

My step sone is nearly old enough for hunter safety and "the Father" has decided that he should learn to hunt, I'm OK with that. What I'm not ok with is the child is 14 years old and has never shot a BB gun and "the Father" want him to learn to hunt with real guns. I think that if your going to show a child to hunt you bring them up around guns and start with a BB gun. You teach muzzle control with single shot BB guns not 3 or more shot shot guns. Call me crazy.

When ever we went to the range or my grand fathers farm to hunt or shoot. Before the guns came out of the trunk safety was reviewed even though every one had been around guns for years. A safety review is never a bad idea.

The other day I was in a sporting goods store and "dumb ass gun smith" hands me a gun he is working on and asked me does this scope look canted to you. It was but he did not know me to be handing me a gun. I will tell you I had a my work coat that has the my company logo and I work for a company that makes scopes and other optics, but still.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote