Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Boxing is sport, MMA is war. I like both in their respective ways. The combatants however are just as screwed up either way. You can't tell me that either is gonna be a long career with little in the way of long term injury.

Dirty promoters/agents, scandalous athletes, steroids, gambling, drugs, fixes..All part of the scene.
War? I guess you missed Gatti-Ward 1-2-3? I find it funny that you only call Boxing a sport but MMA is a "war". Then I had someone else tell me MMA is safer then Boxing.

I enjoy Boxing much more and the the perfect example why is the second last fight of the UFC the other night. Someone posted a link so I was able to see parts of the last two fights. The second last fight was won by a guy with sitting on the chest of another fighter and hitting him. Thats not an exciting fight.

I was watching a think on Frank Shamrock last night or the night before and it was showing some of this fights. It also showed a quick interview. I'm not sure when it as taken but he was talking about how he was learning more Boxing and Kick Boxing because that was where the sport was going. He said he was still going to practice his ground work but winning with striking was more exciting.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote