View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #18
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
maybe but honestly,a RF800 wasn't that great of a lid and IMHO would get blown away by most medium to high end current helmets in every category. No offense to the OP here but I sense that he doesn't have a lot of experience and is used to a FULMER so most any other helmet would be an upgrade,again no offense meant.
You may be right. The RF800 was a great helmet at its release. It was comfortable as hell, and near top of the line. But it's a heavy helmet with god awful ventilation that would fog up completely if a mosquito farted within 10 miles of you. The Shoei X11 and RF1000 has better comfort, is lighter, and doesn't seem to have as bad a fogging problem. Hell, the Scorpion EXO-200 and EXO-700 I tried out have a damn near identical feel and weight to the RF800 without the fogging problems. Plus, they're considerably cheaper. I'd rock one of those lids without any fear for my safety. And New Enough seems to blow those helmets out at some seriously nice prices.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote