View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
was92v
Nowhere Man

If your engine is not making noise, I wouldn't worry about it until it does. When it does, you've done the research.
---------
After the second stock CCT went south and and the cam chain sounded like metal chewing metal, I put an APE in my 600F4i. I set it up per the instructions, such as they were and it was loose as hell. I had to invent a wrench to adjust it with, since once it is down in there and the bike is back together, access to it on my bike is zilch. I am more nervous about getting it too tight than a little loose and consistently leave it too loose. I've tightened it a couple of times since I put it in. I need to give it about a 1/4 turn more, and it should be good.
I don't know anyone around here who has modified a stock CCT. I do know people who run 8 sec drag bikes making about 300HP and none of them trust their engines to a stock CCT, modified or not. What do they use? Proven parts... APE. Another stock, used engine costs about a $1000.00 and I figure the APE M-CCT is about $950 less.

word
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote