View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well I got both the bikes in the garage....

I did some things to the Nightster the other day but haven't got the pics of it, cause I hit a road block... will get to that later once I get the new part.

So after a bike wash... I got the UC on the lift...

Got the parts setup to go on... all kinds of stuff... the big box on the far right is all the parts for the trunk detach kit... I'm sure that will take some time to put on...

New oil temp and level dipstick. Pretty slick dilly... all digital, tells you the oil temp and level. It even adjusts the level for the oil temp.

I don't like the orange lenses on the front...

So switch out the bulbs for the orange ones, and put on the smoked lens covers. Also, swapped out the front fender light bulb for a LED and a smoked lens there as well. Then ditched the front fender bumper. Bumpers belong on cars not on bikes!!

Then carry that same theme to the rear. I don't like the orange in the rear. Always preferred the side lights to double as parking/brake lights as well as blinkers.

So I took off the seat to install the relay for the light change

Then here's the newer lens look

Then I pealed off the stock pipes and put on the new Screamin Eagle II slip on mufflers... also in this pic you can see the removed rear fender bumper

Now onto some comfort/function features...

Put on a set of side bags. An easy grab bottle and some on the road access bags. May see if I can get cd's into the one larger bag... you would be surprised how quickly I get bored of one cd.

Some new long angled highway pegs
Left

Right

That's it for now, still have some more things to put on tomry as well to tackle the big box of goodies for the trunk detach kit....

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote