View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #55
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNellis View Post
I'm just curious as to what is the prime motivation for those who have taken up this cause. The energy and resources to fight this battle can be significant so there must be a good reason.
Oh crap, I'm supposed to have a reason?? Just kidding.

As a person that no longer rides on the street, it would seem as though this piece of legislation wouldn't benefit me at all. Well, today it doesn't. Though, I used to commute on my bike - and I chose when I would commute based on when I could come home, the temp that day - to decide if my bike would try to eat itself in the heat of the tarmac.

The helmet factor matters not to me. I always wear a helmet, always will wear a helmet. And, should the planets line up just right and I don't wear a helmet... I just won't split lanes.

My eldest is on the track to getting her license this summer. I'd like her to have the choice to do it legally.

MORE motorcycles only help my business. More motorcycles only help oil and gas availabilities. More motorcycles on the roads only help the rest that have been there... safety in numbers. Hell, if we get enough motorcycles commuting downtown - we might even get our own parking.

I have no issue with the bill the way it stands today. It was explained to me that the helmet restriction was put in as a concession to the protests this bill has had in the past. Those opposed in the past were concerned about our "safety". I believe it's a fair compromise.

At the rate it's going, I might just be back riding on the street by the time it passes....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote