View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #30
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

The twisty roads I ride on are much different than a track. Half the corners are blind, they are much sharper and steeper than a track, and there's no run-off. It's not prudent to go around a blind, mountain curve at full speed.

If there is sand in the corner, you have to stay in a tire track. Sure you can go faster if you cross over to the other track, but it's dangerous. Slow in and fast out.

I love to blast out of corners. It's a lot safer when you can see what's up ahead. Of course, throttle control is super important when leaned over. But if I am leaned way off the bike with my upper body, the bike itself is more leaned upright. That means I can get on the throttle sooner. It works for me. I've tested it hundreds of times. Both uphill and downhill.

Plus, there are several quick esses where I have a quarter second (or less) to lean from fully left to fully right and back again. I can move my upper body and head that fast. But I wouldn't be able to shift my butt around the seat, move my knee in on one side, move it out on the other, un-weigh a peg, or any of that stuff that can be done on a track. Anyway, most of these curves are to tight to be taken fast. And that's why I only move my upper body.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote