Thread: Ton'in up
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt
Default Ton'in up

figured id throw up a thread about my halfassed resto/cafe conversion to my cm450. first a brief history: i got her off of a guy i went to iraq with to the tune of around $250. it had been sitting outside and hadnt been registered since the early 90's! put some air in the (very flat) tires, threw in a new battery and plugs and swapped out the ancient gas with fresh premium and she fired right up

i really hated the custom look so i scooped up some flat bars which not only made her far better looking but much easier to ride.

made a couple other improvements, mirrors never fit wit the new bars so i eightysixed 'em. also lost the sissy bar and spent a lot of time cleaning, de rusting, and painting. also de baffled the stock pipes so the system is now open and straight with a rather unneeded crossover

took it to my car club meet two weeks ago and snapped the throttle cable, limped her home and parked her for a bit. anyway since i had to order one part ive been racking up goodies that ought to make it more interesting. so far ive ordered a new cable, pod filters, clubman bars, oil filter etc.. also have some new bar ends for her cause im putting the 954's stock grips on the new bars when they show up. still looking for a good deal on header wrap, tires, carb rebuild kit, and maybe some more enticing sprockets. coming soon
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote