Thread: Ton'in up
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Suggestion... buy a can of rustoleum engine paint in flat black and hit the engine,frame,etc. Also,run sb foot pegs straight from the mounts and get a shorter shifter. You'll have to figure something for the rear brake,if you even use it. I agree with the seat idea. Take it to an upholstery guy,he could easily and cheaply,shave the rear portion of the seat and re-cover it for you. loose the fender,use a cruiser or trailer aftermarket tail light and mount it under the seat. Cut and paint the chain guard. Lose the turning signals. Get some surface mount leds and attach them under the seat and to the bar end mirrors (run the wire down the handle bar if you're feelin' frisky)
that actually sounds not too far off. ive got a friend who powdercoats and also has a massive media blast cabinet so at some point in the season id like to tear it all down, blast it and paint it. then i ought to be able to make radical changes. still using it for training the gf at the moment so besides the clubman's i dont want to noodle with the controls too much

Last edited by Dave; 03-26-2009 at 01:21 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote