View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post

If it were a bank GM was approaching for cash vs the federal Government...
I would think the Bank would ask for "regime change" as well before loaning a coulpe of billion dollars.
It's one thing for a private company and another private company to invest and use input. Both have the ability to walk away and even argue with no consequences or repercusions for upsetting each other. It's another thing when you have the government telling someone what to do. Telling the government "No" can fuck your world up.

Plus the money was already given to them. Maybe there was a clause in whatever paperwork that said "If you recieve this money we can make decisions for you". But for the government to give them the money and then after they recieve the money put new terms on them. That's not good.

Now I am curious what stupid fucktard they will put in his place. Good luck finding a CEO who wants to make $500k (or may be told to later on), no bonuses (despite being in a contract), no private jet use, and demonized everytime he buys a non-domestic beer for being a "rich capitalist pig". If you worked some major overtime (or average hours a CEO uses) you could make $100k with no fucking worries.

GM is dying because of the UAW and that no one wants to buy a fucking peice of shit.